Injections in the buttocks? (photos)

Is sculptra safe? I hear it is injected by a board certified surgeon in a real office. Others say that injections in the buttocks are not safe. Also, can I achieve this look better off with sculptra than butt implants? Thank you

Buttock augmentation

I can assure you that sculptra injections to your buttock will not give you the results from your photos.  More importantly it is totally off label use of the product and can be dangerous.   Also the cost of the product needed to get the volume necessary would be financially wasteful.  Save up and get a more permanent result with buttock implants. Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a great reputation and that specializes in buttock augmentation procedures. 

Brazil Butt Lift / Buttocks Augmentation

Thank you for this question. This will help a lot of males and females out there. The amount of sculpture needed to give you a significant difference in your buttocks would cost over 500,000$ if not more, which wouldn't be a logical financial choice. The best way to increase the size of your buttocks would be to perform a BBL (brazil butt lift) (AKA fat transfer) A fat transfer is a surgical procedure where fat that is removed from certain parts of the body and is processed, cleaned, and readied before being re-injected or grafted back onto your buttocks. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Regards, 

Injections in the buttocks? (photos)

The best and safest method of buttock augmentation using fillers is using your own fat. It provides for the most natural result. Scupltra is temporary and is prohibitively expensive. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Butt injections, Sculptra?

I have unfortunately had many patients come to me after having their high hopes for buttock augmentation crushed by measly Sculptra results. Critical points of awareness are: 1) Sculptra is temporary, it will last 1.5 - 2 years at most, 2) if done correctly dermal fillers like Sculptra are cost prohibitive for 99% of potential buttock augmentation patients. In order to create a significant/noticeable result with a dermal filler, at least 200 mls of product must be injected into each buttock cheek for a total of 400 mls. At $1000 per ml, this equates to a minimum price of $400,000.00. Thus if your doctor is recommending to put in ONLY 20 or 40 mls of sculpture you will pay $20,000-$40,000 and get an insignificant miniscule result!, 3) Do not let anybody tell you that the product is so special that it's going to magically grow over the following months or years...this just doesnt happen to any noticeable degree!, 4) dermal fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected into, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening, and 5) the one very serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "embolism" in which some of the filler gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems, including death. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Sculptra in buttocks

The amount of sculptra that would be required to be placed in the buttocks would be prohibitevely expensive, and would not make a permanent change.  Fat grafting is better.