I had an open rhinoplasty on 7/15/2016. I'm dissatisfied with my results, is this mostly swelling? Or permanent shape? (Photo)

Is this shape due to swelling? Will my out come be anywhere near what I desired once the swelling goes down? We're my desired pictures unrealistic?

Rhinoplasty at 9 days

You are only 9 days out form surgery. You are likely very swollen. Best to give it time to heal. Th swelling can take a year or longer to subside.

Rhinoplasty outcome...

I would caution you to avoid evaluating the results of your surgery too soon.  You are only less than 2 weeks post-op.  At 2 months, around 80-90% of your swelling should be gone, but swelling (particularly around your tip), may persist for around a full year.  Your nasal shape will continue to be refined (for good or bad) as the swelling subsides.  Try to be patient and stay in close contact with your surgeon about your concerns.  Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 1 week after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

It is very early to determine your final results. It takes 6 months for some of the swelling to come down even a year. You have thick skin and will take at least a year for the swelling to subside.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results

It sounds as if you are less than one week out from your rhinoplasty surgery. It is much too early to decide on any results from surgery. You have thick skin and people with thick skin have much more swelling in their nose after rhinoplasty surgery. This can take a year or longer to fully resolve. The narrowing of the nose takes the longest time to see. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and he may help reassure you. 

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon