I think my incision might be infected? (Photo)

I think my left incision might be infected ? I had breast augmentation feb 16 and two weeks later I had a hematoma on my left breast and had to get again surgery on March 3 , now It's been two weeks since the hematoma but my incision it's leaking a lilttle fluid it's yellow today it's Sunday so I have to wait until tomorrow to call my doctor, I'm really scared right now

Infected wound?

Hi

You require an in person examination to determine what is going on and having not seen the wound before it is very hard to make an accurate judgement.
I would recommend review from your PS urgently.

Best wishes 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

It's not possible to determine from the photo whether or nor there may be infection. You should return to your PS to exam your breasts to rule out infection. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Incision leaking fluid

Thank you for your question, and I wish you a speedy recovery. It is best to discuss with your Plastic Surgeon your the fluid leakage, and it is difficult to say exactly what the source is from the photograph. The recovery after BA surgery varies widely from patient to patient, and it is best to go see your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a checkup and follow this area closely.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Infected incision after BA

Hi ,
If you can not approach your PS I dont mind to suggest you some thing.It looks as the matter is limited to the incision and a use of simple antiseptic gauze peace socked with Betadine solutioin applied to the region for a week may resolve the issue.
I hope you find this useful

Infection of implants?

Your photo is very limited and without examining you in person it is difficult to say. If the wound is superficial, then it will likely heal with local wound care. It is best to see your surgeon.

Infection?

Unfortunately it isn't possible to determine if an incision is infected online. you will need to see your Plastic Surgeon in person for an exam and advice.

Take care

Healing incsion

Sorry to hear about your experience so far with breast augmentation surgery.  You can certainly still have a very nice result despite what has happened, so hang in there. As far as the incision is concerned, it seems as though you may be developing a suture granuloma. Based on the picture, it does not seem to be infected, and incision appears to be closed. Do not be scared. Go ahead and see your plastic surgeon so he or she can examine you in person and make the appropriate recommendations.  Implant infection is certainly a possibility so you may require antibiotics. Another possibility is a seroma, or a collection of fluid around the implant. These issues are all treatable so see your plastic surgeon in the next day or so.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Draining after breast augmentation

Thank you for the question and photos.  I am sorry to hear about your hematoma.  There are several possible reasons why your incision might be draining including:
  • incision infection
  • seroma
  • implant infection
You'll want to contact your plastic surgeon and be seen.  Antibiotics may be needed.  Close observation over the next few weeks will also be prudent.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Possible infected incision

The picture you give has limited information but it does not look completely normal.  If you developed a hematoma after surgery, your chances of developing an infection are greater.  I recommend you meet with your surgeon as soon as you can.  The yellow fluid could be infectious but an in person exam should be able to help determine this.  If you start to develop fever or worsening sick feeling symtoms and can't see your surgeon, don't wait on being able to see your surgeon, may need to go to emergency room

John McFate, MD

Needs a recheck

A recheck is necessary as yellowish fluid drainage from the incision is worrisome after breast augmentation.
Good luck.