I am having Botox today around my eye area and then I am scheduled for plasma/dermaroll session in 2 days. Advice?

I am having botox today around my eye area and then I am scheduled for plasma/dermaroll session in 2 days. Is that OK? Any precautions I should take?

Botox before microneedling

Thank you for asking about your Botox injection.

Check with the doctor treating you but based on what we know in general, the microneedling should not affect the Botox result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Combo should be fine

The Botox injections will be well into our system and there should be no problem with mixing the two, two days apart.  No precautions that I can think of.
Enjoy.
Happy to help.

Botox and other treatments

Thank you for your question HSA. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. There are no studies on the safety and efficacy of Botox when done prior to other cosmetic treatments. For my patients I recommend avoiding laser- or energy-based treatments for 1-2 weeks before or after a Botox treatment. However many doctors perform such treatments on the same day. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox for Crow's Feet Followed by Microneedling Treatment

When neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) are used to treat "crow's feet" wrinkles around the eyes, there are very few possible side effects, and there are no immediate post-injection positional precautions as there are when injections are performed in the frown line area.  This is because there is minimal to no danger of migration of the substance into any neighboring muscle groups (when injections are performed correctly).  There should be no contraindication for almost any procedure 2 days following neuromodulator treatment of lateral canthal wrinkles ("crow's feet").

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermaroll after Botox should be OK

You should be fine getting a Dermaroll treatment two days after a Botox injection as the Botox should already be absorbed by then. Also, the Dermaroll is not treating as deep as an injection of Botox so it should not effect the result. The only way there could be an issue is if you got the Dermaroll treatment immediately after a Botox injection (don't do that) since the roller could massage the Botox into an area that is not desired.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

You should be ok with derma roller two days after Botox. If you were going to have it within a few hours of Botox, I would say not a good idea.