I need advice on going from Saline to Silicone. (Photos)

I've had my mentor saline implants for 16 years with no major problems except for my left breast coming out of the pocket. My left breast is 275cc and right is 325cc submusular. I need advice on which style implant will give me the best results... Inspira SRM implant (moderate profile) or Inspira SCM round smooth Gummy Bear implants? Is it easy for a PS to fix the implant pocket and put in a new implant? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Silicone implant replacement of saline

Thanks for you question. Based on your photo and info give, I would say that you have thin skin. Since you have already got a submuscular breast augmentation for 16 years, your breast tissue and skin have been expanded for quite a long time, thus they become thinner. Therefore, I would recommend you choose gummy bear, anatomic shaped implant, texture surface with moderate plus profile. The new implant would be in the same pocket. And, your PS may perform capsulotomy correction for you as well.

Revision surgery

Hi,

Thank you for your question and your photo.  Generally speaking, implant position can often be corrected with a neopectoral pocket- creating a new pocket between the old pocket and the muscle.  We can achieve a high degree of satisfaction with this approach.  Alternatively, your surgeon can insert sutures to improve the problem on your left.  The inspira implants are wonderful options which are slightly  more firm than the classic implants and look a little fuller like the saline implants.  All allergan implants have the "gummy bear" technology.  I would suggest a face to face evaluation and discussion of your needs and goals

Good Luck,  Beverly Friedlander, MD

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Revision

The transition from saline to silicone is straightforward.  You may need a lateral capsulorraphy to close the pocket on the left side.

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Contracture might be the issue here

You likely have more contracture on one side compared to the other. Discuss this with your surgeon before your surgery, so the proper plans can be made. The implant choice might have little to do with your result. 

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Saline vs silicone, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

The only type of breast implant that can be re-filled with a syringe are the saline implants (if the valve can be located) but the consistency is that of a bladder filled with water, therefore i recommend you change them for Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants".
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant selection

Choosing the right implant for you would require an exam in person.  It is had to say otherwise. Best of luck.

Your breasts

On line it is impossible to state what your need. You must be seen and examined first. If. You are happy with your breasts now, why do you want to change implants? Which implant is used is the least important factor in your surgery. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.