I am 26 days post op breast lift. Worried about incision healing correctly? (Photos)

I am worried about my incisions! It almost looks like they are splitting open. One day they look closed and then I shower and maybe the tiny scabs slough off afterwards but I can almost see a little clear discharge in the open spots. I have no fever and no pain. Should I be worried?

Everything looks like it is healing well.  I would see your PS if you have any concerns but from the pics the wounded does not look like it is splitting.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

I am 26 days post op breast lift. Worried about incision healing correctly?

Thank you for your question. You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Healing after breast lift surgery

Thanks for posting your questions and photographs.  Everything looks normal for this stage of your recovery.  Continue to follow your surgeons post operative guidelines.  I suggest patients in my practice use silicone gel sheets or cream to assist with scar healing and you may wish to discuss this with your surgeon.

Healing of Breast Lift Incision, 26 Days Post-Op

The surgery is intended create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

While you are early in the healing process there is always the potential that there may be a problem with your incision or scars. If you are worried at all it is best that you visit your surgeon for an examination to make sure that healing is going well.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Incisions and healing

The incisions look like they are healing.  Any specifics regarding how to take care of the small areas that are not closed should be addressed by your surgeon.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. An examination is the best way to evaluate your incision. Based on the photos you have submitted it appear as though things are healing well. I would speak to your surgeon about any concerns you may have. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Healing after breast surgery

Sometimes incisions can be very stubborn in healing, even up to about six weeks. From your photographs, it does not seem like there is anything acutely bad happening. You need to definitely follow this along with your plastic surgeon, but it seems like you definitely have a normal type of healing.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Incisions in Breast Lift

Good morning and thank you for your question and contributory pictures. The healing process may vary according to each person and your personal history and habits. The small open wound that it’s noted on your picture is usually treated with topical antibiotics and observation, but I recommend you to continue your follow-up with your board certified surgeon in order to take the necessary measures and avoid further complications. I wish you a good recovery.

Rafael Gottenger, MD