Do you feel a liposculpture will give me good results instead of a TT? I really would like to avoid a TT (Photo)

Can I get good results from Liposculpture only? Without a TT...

Do you feel a liposculpture will give me good results instead of a TT? I really would like to avoid a TT

Hi lady, I would like see a picture by side.
                                                              Dr. Manuel Marte.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposculpture vs Tummy Tuck

Hi,  thank you for your photos and question. Based on your pictures I would say that you are an excellent candidate for both procedures ( tummy tuck and lipo ). The lipo will be on waist, flanks and upper & lower back.
Seek for a board certified plastic surgeon for your fuiture surgery. 

Dr. Guerrero MD

Roberto Guerrero, MD

Liposculpture vs. Tummy Tuck

Hello!  Thank you for providing your pictures which are very helpful in answering your question!  Unfortunately, based on your pictures, you are not a candidate for tummy tuck alone.  You are an excellent candidate for liposculpture in combination with a tummy tuck.  The scar can be planned to hide in your bikini.  You appear to have a very fit body underneath the extra skin.  I highly suggest looking into the VASER Hi Def Tummy Tuck technique, as you would be able to have your cake (In this case "Liposculpture") and eat it to (With the tummy tuck).  Good luck with your search!

TT vs. liposculpture

Hi VirgoDiva. In the photos you have posted, you appear to have extra skin that can be treated optimally with a tummy tuck.  Some lipo techniques can effect skin tightening, such as the VASER system, but the degree of tightening is largely dependent upon your skin's elasticity.  If you have any looseness of the abdominal wall/muscles, only a tuck can fully flatten your abdomen. I encourage you to have an office consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Good luck!

Depends on your goals

If you are looking to eliminate stretch marks and tighten loose skin, a tummy tuck is the best option. Liposuction alone (even smart lipo or other liposuction procedures that tighten the skin) will not be aggressive enough to fix the problem. The muscle separation in the abdomen is also best treated with a tummy tuck.

Liposuction can be performed on the back to improve the appearance in this area. This could be performed at the same time as the TT.

Dear Virgo,
Based on your photo, I would recommend liposculpture for you, particularly for your hips.
It looks like you don't have enough skin to get a goo tummy tuck.  The liposculpture will 
flatten your abdomen and contour your hips.  Your skin may not shrink as much as your would
like because of all the stretch marks.  In spite of that, I think you can get a much better result
with liposculpture.

Dr. Anthony Musarra
Atlanta/ Marietta, Ga.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Both operations required

Based on these photos you would benefit from a liposuction procedure on your back/flank, but would require a tummy tuck fro the abdomen.

Liposuction versus tummy tuck

If a person has a lot of stretch marks, the quality of the skin and the elasticity is poor.  That means liposuction is not the best alternative and it could lead to saggy skin. In our practice patients like you have tummy tucks that can also include liposuction of the lovehandles.  An in-person consultation would give you th e best information.  Best wishes.
Below is a patient with stretch marks and poor skin tone who had a tummy tuck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon