Fat transfer to breast updates.

All these reviews are old. Isn't there newer information out there on all aspects of the proceedure? Is there a better technique now then two years ago? Is retention better? What is best amount to transfer? Any other information updates would be helpful as it seems this is becoming a more popular proceedure.

Fat transfer to breast updates.

I do believe that every good plastic surgeon continues to refine their technique with every patient. As far as a global change in the technique...NO. Retention is secondary to the nature of the procedure. We know that ~30-50% of the fat survives the transfer after 3-6 months. The perfect amount of fat transfer varies from patient to patient, but it has been my experience that 250-300cc is a nice amount. Remember not every patient is a good candidate for this procedure. The best candidate is someone who has perky breasts with minimal to no ptosis and desires a small increase in size (~1 cup size).

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to breast

A good technique in the proper patient. I do not recommend fat transfer for large augmentations- I find implants to be more predictable and reliable. Usually, 150-200cc of fat does well, remember take is not 100%. Fat grafting is useful for upper fullness and can be added to a breast lift.We use Vaser ultrasound liposuction to harvest fat and use a spinner during our preparation for transfer. We overcompensate knowing approx 2/3-3/4 or less should stay. An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Harry T. Haramis, MD, FACS
Montclair Plastic Surgeon