Can I do a facelift with fillers or will I look older? I'm told I look young for my age (Photo)

I have been insecure about my face since I can remember. Growing up, I was teased aimlessly by my family and friends for having a full face, and unfortunately it's been something i've had trouble "shaking off." For some reason, I feel that my cheeks are losing elasticity (getting droopy) and I'm only 27 .Also, I'd like a more pronounced cheek bones. I want to know what kind of procedures i can do with fillers and/or botox to make my face appear "firmer and tighter."

Facelift timeline

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I really want to answer your question as a surgeon and not sound harsh, but as a mom of three daughters I can't separate that part of me.  NOBODY needs a facelift at 27, a few people might benefit at 37,  more at 47 and a majority at 57.  A full face is youthful.  Fillers will make your face fuller, and a facelift tightens.  You don't appear to need either.  Please be happy for now.  I still regret not enjoying my appearance in my 20's.  Good luck, Jane.

Facial surgery

I am confused. first of all, the not great picture you posted shows an attractive young female. secondly, you have been teased your whole life ,in your words, about having a full face. why would you want fillers to make it more full. you are 27 . see a conservative doctor who will not "meg ryan " your face.  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Facelift. Young patient

Hi. Thank you for your question. I honestly don`t think that you need a facelift. With 27 you are still very young. At this point Botox and fillers are enough. Nevertheless consult with a certified plastic surgeon so he can give you his recommendations and don`t end up in the wrong hands.

Face lift - with fillers?

Thank you for asking about your filler face lift.
  • I am really sorry you were teased by your family and friends -
  • It is absolutely unforgiveable and you deserved better from them.
  • You are lovely -
  • That said, very often the right procedure or treatment goes a long, long way to putting teasing to rest.
  • Visit several plastic surgeons to find one who seems to understand what you are dealing with -
  • Someone very kind who listens to you -
  • Fillers along the cheeks or a cheek implant might be helpful -
  • Botox is good for lines but will not add volume.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facelift with filler

Adding volume to the upper cheeks with fillers like Voluma can make the lower cheek appear less full by comparison. This will also help "lift" the lower cheek a little. See someone with extensive experience, preferably someone who specializes in facial rejuvenation.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Rejuvenation SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I do a facelift with fillers or will I look older?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.  My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Facelift or Fillers

You are very perceptive and aware of more aesthetically pleasing features and normal maturation of the face.  It's more than likely at your age, with exception of reconstructive and facial paralysis correction procedures, that you are not a candidate for a facelift.  However, there are many minimally invasive procedures available today that help achieve a more exotic, more awake and alert look.  For those with rounder faces or weak skeletal features like chin or cheeks, there are also surgical procedures like fillers, chin implants, or cheek reduction(Buccal Fat Pad) or botox for masseter muscle reduction. There are also minimally invasive procedures like Ulthera or coolsculpt for the chin or more aggressive procedures like liposuction, for permanent removal of chin fat.   I also always emphasize nuture vs nature...good skin and dental care, along with diet and exercise.  You should consult with a local plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, dermatologists or cosmetic surgeon, an expert with significant facial enhancement and rejuvenation experience, with photos to back it up.Best of luck on your quest!

Ideal Age for a Facelift

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result.

Fillers Can Achieve Your Goals

Your photo shows a lovely young woman, but doesn’t clearly depict the concerns you express in your post. You mentioned wanting to add definition to the cheeks and address droopiness and lost volume, and a highly experienced injector may be able to achieve that. Like others here, I am concerned that you are unhappy with a full face but want to add more volume with fillers. If your facial fullness has shifted to your lower face, adding definition and lift to the cheeks could help. Unless you have wrinkles and lines around your eyes and forehead, there's no need to add BOTOX into the mix. In my opinion, you are far too young to be considering facelift surgery. Good luck to you.

If you are complaining about dropping of the eyelids or lower eyelid bagginess then you might be a good candidate for the Laser

Greetings

Thank you for your question. You dont need a facelift from your photo, fillers will give you are fiiler face and also solve wrinkes on your face after evaluating your photos you do not need any lifting.