Can I do a facelift with fillers or will I look older? I'm told I look young for my age (Photo)
Doctor Answers 25
I really want to answer your question as a surgeon and not sound harsh, but as a mom of three daughters I can't separate that part of me. NOBODY needs a facelift at 27, a few people might benefit at 37, more at 47 and a majority at 57. A full face is youthful. Fillers will make your face fuller, and a facelift tightens. You don't appear to need either. Please be happy for now. I still regret not enjoying my appearance in my 20's. Good luck, Jane.
Facelift. Young patient
Hi. Thank you for your question. I honestly don`t think that you need a facelift. With 27 you are still very young. At this point Botox and fillers are enough. Nevertheless consult with a certified plastic surgeon so he can give you his recommendations and don`t end up in the wrong hands.
Face lift - with fillers?
- I am really sorry you were teased by your family and friends -
- It is absolutely unforgiveable and you deserved better from them.
- You are lovely -
- That said, very often the right procedure or treatment goes a long, long way to putting teasing to rest.
- Visit several plastic surgeons to find one who seems to understand what you are dealing with -
- Someone very kind who listens to you -
- Fillers along the cheeks or a cheek implant might be helpful -
- Botox is good for lines but will not add volume.
You might also like...
Facelift with filler
Can I do a facelift with fillers or will I look older?
If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.
Facelift or Fillers
You are very perceptive and aware of more aesthetically pleasing features and normal maturation of the face. It's more than likely at your age, with exception of reconstructive and facial paralysis correction procedures, that you are not a candidate for a facelift. However, there are many minimally invasive procedures available today that help achieve a more exotic, more awake and alert look. For those with rounder faces or weak skeletal features like chin or cheeks, there are also surgical procedures like fillers, chin implants, or cheek reduction(Buccal Fat Pad) or botox for masseter muscle reduction. There are also minimally invasive procedures like Ulthera or coolsculpt for the chin or more aggressive procedures like liposuction, for permanent removal of chin fat. I also always emphasize nuture vs nature...good skin and dental care, along with diet and exercise. You should consult with a local plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, dermatologists or cosmetic surgeon, an expert with significant facial enhancement and rejuvenation experience, with photos to back it up.Best of luck on your quest!
Fuller face for a youthful look
Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
At your age non invasive procedures are preferred to regain the loss youthful look. fillers to your cheeks (liquid facelift) should be in your list of options. Another tool available is CO2 laser. This technique should help tightening the skin, favoring the improvement of the contour.
Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Wishing you the best in your journey
Facial rejuvenation with fillers and Botox
Your picture is more of a glamour shot and not helpful for assessment. You can get substantial improvement to achieve your goals with fillers and Botox. Some will last longer and recurrent treatments will be necessary. You are way too young to consider facial rejuvenation with surgery from what I can tell.
Talmage Raine MD FACS
You definitely do not need a facelift; you are much too young. Fillers would be a good option for you, specifically Voluma in your cheek area. I would recommend visiting a PS or Nurse Injector to talk about your filler options. Good luck!