What can be done to help under eye bags? (Photo)

Bags under the eyes

The best solution for bags under the eyes is a lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  This will remove the excess fat and extra skin as well.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to help under eye bags?

Although an in-office examination would be needed to provide the best recommendations, it appears form the photographs that a lower blepharoplasty would be your best treatment option.

More information can be found through the attached link.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Blepharoplasty

Based on your photo, you look like a good candidate for an upper and lower blepharoplasty to surgically remove excess skin and fat, restoring a more youthful look to the eye area. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Under eye bags

Looking at your photos, you would benefit most from a lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  This would restore the youthful contour to the lower lid and also remove the excess skin and bags.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lower lid bleph (skin and fat)

From these photos, it looks like you would get a homerun result with an lower lid TC blepharoplasty with skin and fat removal. This procedure would make you look more rested and open up your eye. In my experience the most important thing in assuring a quick recovery from blepharoplasty is minimizing bruising and swelling. Bruising is much easier to prevent that to get rid of. I have all my patients ice as much as possible from the time they get home until they go to sleep that first night. And I instruct them to not recline any more than 45 degrees until they go to sleep that night. And stay away from salt. Patients who follow these instructions generally heal very quickly with little or minimal bruising or swelling. See a board certified surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck with your procedure!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #blepharoplasty

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Under Eye Bags

Thank You for your question. There are several options for you to choose from. Surgically, would be a Blepharoplasty. Non Surgically would be fillers, ie. Restylane or Juvederm Voluma.  I would recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine which treatment would best fit your needs. I hope this helps and good luck to you

Camille Cash, MD

Under Eye Bags

Thank you for sharing your case and photo.  Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is probably the best and only option to improve the appearance of the puffiness under your eyes.  This safe outpatient procedure often gives great results when performed by an experienced cosmetic surgeon.  Consider a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to begin the process.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and Bags under Eyes

Thank you for your inquiry and the pictures!

Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure to remove excess skin and muscle from both the upper and lower eyelids. Underlying fatty tissue that produces bagginess can be selectively removed or repositioned. Blepharoplasty can improve drooping skin and bagginess. It can help improve vision in older patients who have hooding of their upper eyelids. Blepharoplasty will not remove “crow's feet” or other wrinkles, eliminate dark circles under the eyes, or lift sagging eyebrows.This surgery is around $2100-$6000 depending on your individual needs.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a physical examination and to discuss your desired results! 

Eye bags treatment

It looks like you have several things going on. I think that you need some volume which could be provided by either filler or fat, you have some excess skin, and do you have a drooping of your lateral eyelid attachment. I think he would be served best with the lower eyelid blepharoplasty and a little bit of fat grafting below that all at the same time. I would  suggesting a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who could help you decide the best sequence of events.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon