Can I expect big changes from 11 weeks -> 6 months after gynecomastia surgey?

I had minor gyno surgery about 11wks ago. Excision of tissue and lipo was done. One side is pretty much perfect, while the other still has puffiness compared to the flat side. I can feel the remaining tissue under it. I know some tissue has to be left to prevent caving but it seems like a lot more was left on one side. Doc said revision could be done at 6mo. How much change can I really expect between now and then? If I'm not happy now is there much chance there will be a big change by 6mos?

Post Gynecomastia Surgery Healing and Expectations

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Change after gyno

Your doctor was correct - there can still be considerable change in a person's appearance for months after gynecomastia surgery.  It is reasonable to wait 6-12 months to allow things to settle from the last operation before having a revision.

Gynecomastia and changes

There can be some changes related to swelling and in some cases significantly. Best to wait the appropriate amount of time as recommended by your surgoen.