Cleared for lower body workouts after 1 week? (Photo)

I had 390cc Silicone under the muscle 2 weeks ago. I wanted opinions on being cleared for lower body exercises after one week? I'm doing lighter weight than usual and nothing too straining, if I feel myself engaging the chest muscle I stop immediately....Also the only breast massage they have told me to do is very firmly pressing on the top of the implant until I feel it drop down. I am doing as directed but is it still ok to squeeze the breasts too? Sometimes it helps ease the pain more

Cleared for lower body workouts after 1 week?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Each surgeon will have their own recovery protocol for patients but I recommend to all patients that they not pursue any exercise for at least two weeks after surgery to minimize the risk of bleeding and bruising that can accompany an increase in heart rate or blood pressure.  After four weeks I allow patients to resume isolated lower body exercises that do not involve any weight such as wall squats or walking lunges.  At six weeks upper body exercises can be initiated.  I would strongly recommend reaching out to your surgeon to voice your concerns and receive further clarification on any restrictions you may have. 

Breast augmentation and exercise

I usually do not allow my patients to start activity for at least 3-4 weeks.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Timing of lower body workouts

Hello, I would recommend consulting with your surgeon before engaging in any physical activity.  Even lower body workouts can involve raising your heart rate or blood pressure, or injuring your breasts which could lead to bleeding.  It is safest to check with your surgeon first.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon