Chin/neck lipo laser. Is this normal? (Photo)

I am 3 weeks post op, and few days ago i've been noticing muscle bands under my chin and bumps on my neck. I would like to know if this is normal? Will it smooth with time? Thanks in advance for your observations.

Chin lipo.

It is still early so I would encourage aggressive daily massage and give it time.  The pleating is normal as the skin initially tightens but it tends to away.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Chin / Neck Liposuction

Thanks for your question. Yes, this stranding and firmness are all completely part of the recovery process of liposuction. It may occur a bit less when the laser is used as well. I usually encourage lots of soft tissue massage to help it, but time will do this as well. Allow at least 3 months before beginning to judge the results. I bet you will be looking great by then. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Irregularities

Irregularities and lumpiness is quite common after a lipo procedure. The issue of whether this is permanent depends on factors such as; was the surgery done with traditional lipo or was it done using one of the more high tech systems like ultrasound or laser assisted liposuction? Also was the surgery performed by a registered specialist (board certified) or not.

Finally, it is likely that this will all improve over time but may not. 

Robert Goldman, MBBS, FRACS
Perth General Surgeon