Which would be best in my case, Vaser lipo or a tummy tuck? (photos)

I want to get a flat and well defined belly. I had a C-section 14 years ago and I have a huge hanging pouch. Which would be best, Vaser lipo or a tummy tuck? I really want something that would less invasive and little down time from work.

Some type of abdominoplasty needed for "huge hanging pouch after c-section"

your history and question alone indicate that some type of abdominoplasty is needed....and your pix confirm this. it would be pretty rare for post c-section deformity to be best treated with just lipo. it would be nice if lipo alone could do the trick, but in this situation it would not so don't get talked into something that is not appropriate for you.

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Which would be best in my case, Vaser lipo or a tummy tuck?

There are a variety of procedures that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: liposuction alone, a mini tummy tuck, a modified tummy tuck with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty. All of the tummy tuck options may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction of selective areas. 

While everyone would prefer a less invasive treatment, Liposuction alone, no matter which kind, will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient with your anatomy.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Based on your photos, I think you would be an excellent candidate for a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  You are not the first patient to want a miracle with a minimally invasive procedure for a full contouring of the abdomen.  However, given the significant degree of excess skin both above and below your belly button, you would only be a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  The full TT will remove as much of the excess skin as possible and tighten the abdominal wall muscles for a flat, defined tummy.  You may also benefit from liposuction of the flanks.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Based on the photos it appears that a TT with liposuction of your waist would give you the best result. Liposuction alone would leave you with excess skin. 

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Decision

Hello, thanks for sharing tour case with us, the best procedure for you is a Tummy Tuck, because you need to get your abdominal muscle repaired, also reshape your belly button and remove the extra skin. With that you will get excelents results, have a nice day!!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and photo. Because of the excess skin apparent above and below the umbilicus, A full Abdominoplasty with muscle repair and supplementary liposuction is likely your best option. It will be most helpful to meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person and discuss your goals/concerns.

All the best

Full tummy tuck

Your stomach appears to be affected by loose skin and excess fat. For this reason, a full tummy tuck would probably be the most suitable treatment for you. Liposuction alone will not tighten the loose skin.

Thank you for your question. Plan exam is necessary to properly answer your question.

However based on your photo I do see a significant amount of fat around her bellybutton above and below.  This is going to require fat removal and I agree with your plan for vaser liposuction.

In my opinion aggressive liposuction in this area is not safe during a tummy tuck procedure.  Therefore I would recommend having the liposuction first and waiting 6 months to see the results.  Youwill get some tightening of the skin however take many tummy tuck to remove the excess fold above year scar will likely be necessary as a second procedure.

The risk of having aggressive liposuction where you needed around the umbilicus is that this can interfere with the blood supply to the skin if a full tummy tuck or even a mini tummy tuck is done at the same procedure.  In addition once the fat is removed you may get additional skin laxity or sagging and it is best to address this after the fat has been removed.