Second breast augmentation. Can I get these results with a bigger implant? 500-650cc? (Photo)

Hello, My name is Nicole. I m 31 years old, i have 1 kid. 174 cm/ 54 kg. I have silicond implants Mentor moderat profil under muscle 375cc anatom. I would like go bigger. I dont like the place i have in the midlle, can i have result like on my,, dream boobs'' if i get bigger implant? 500-650cc? Hight profile? Round? Thank you and sorry for my english. Nicole

You

will be able to get them closer to your "dream" boobs with bigger smooth round implants, however, you will not be able to achieve as much cleavage as the picture of your dream boobs bc you have a wide sternum with breasts that are laterally positioned to begin with, that is just the way you were born. 

Weston Physician

Second breast augmentation. Can I get these results with a bigger implant?

Thank you for the question. Yes, you should be able to get closer to your "dream boobs" with larger  breast implants.  It is likely that you will not be able to get quite the same outcome (close cleavage), given your natural anatomic starting point.  Generally speaking, patients undergoing breast augmentation or  revisionary breast augmentation surgery should understand that their anatomical “starting point” will play a significant "role" in the outcome that they can expect with breast augmentation surgery.   If the patient starts out with a significant distance between the breasts, there are limits as to how close of "cleavage" can be achieved.  If over dissection (when developing breast implant pocket) occurs in the cleavage area, with the goal being to achieve as close as possible cleavage per patient's request, patients may experience significant problems such as breast implant displacement (medial  malposition or symmastia) and/or significant breast implant rippling/palpability.  Obviously, these types of problems may require revisionary breast surgery to correct.  

When it comes to selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.  Personally, I find it most beneficial to have a wide range of breast implant types, sizes, and profiles available.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Cleavage

It is unlikely that with larger implants you will get the look in the photos you posted. You have a very wide cleavage to start and you are also much thinner than that person.

Bigger Implant

It isn't a bigger implant that will get you more medial cleavage, rather, the dissection needs to take place more towards the middle.  However, this is very risky surgically, as you don't want to get a symmastia (uniboob).

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Urmen Desai, MD, MPH, FACS