Breast reduction, I'm 24 I've had Big Breast since 10 yrs, what steps do I need to take to show my insurance company I need this

Breast reduction weight loss insurance company

Inusrance and breast reduction

You need to contact your insurance company to see what is required by them to get approval for a breast reduction, because each company is a bit different.   Best of luck.

Insurance

I would call your insurance company first to inquire what type of benefits you have.  I would subsequently proceed with a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast reduction and insurance company authorization...

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 

Best to check directly with your insurance company to see whether breast reduction surgery is a “covered” benefit with your specific policy. Then, given that every insurance company has different “criteria”, best to identify exactly what your specific insurance company considers criteria for approval. Generally, the more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure. Also, for many insurance companies, the closer you are to your long-term ideal weight, the better.

This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Prepare to be persistent when dealing with health insurance companies. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.