Breast implants uneven. (photo)

I got breast implants July 1, approx 6 weeks ago with 304 cc under the muscle, moderate plus allergen implants. they do not look even, and one looks smaller and more hard. The one that's smaller my muscle feels very tight still. Should I be concerned?

Breast implants uneven

It can take up to three months or more for the implants to fully settle. I recommend addressing your concerns with your surgeon. 

Breast implants uneven

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation surgery. You´re still in the early stage of healing, it takes up to 3 months or more to see the final results of a breast augmentation surgery. During the early stage you may experience assymetry of the breasts due to one breast swelling more than the other or one healing faster than the other and so on. The bes you can do is address your concerns to your chosen surgeon, he or she will be the best person to give you advice regarding this issue. 

Concern about uneven breast implants

Following breast augmentation it takes at least three months for implants to settle.  During this time there may be asymmetries in swelling, implant position, size, discomfort.  Especially when implants are placed underneath the muscle, they have a tendency to ride a little bit high right after surgery as they are pulled upwards under the muscle.  With time and with gravity, the implants gradually descend.  At six weeks, it is too early to determine if you are truly asymmetrical and there is still time for the result to improve.  The only concerning thing is if the firmness represents an early capsular contracture, which is tightening of the scar around the implant.  The best way to assess this is to see your plastic surgeon and have the breast examined.  Hopefully you will simply settle with time.  Good luck.

Kirsty Boyd, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants uneven

You are still very early in the recovery period. The muscles on the two sides are different and it takes time to settle. Stay in touch with your surgeon, discuss massage. It takes months to see the final results.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

It would be nice to see preop photos. Also, you are still early in the healing process. You need to give it more time to settle. 

Uneven breast ilplants

Thanks for reaching out.  You are still relatively early in the post op period. I would not be concerned yet about unevenness.  This could take 3-6 months to settle. However I would follow up with your surgeon regarding your tightness.  You may be having early capsular contracture. If this is the case there are some medications (singulair) you can start taking that may help.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon