Breast augmentation scar bleeding. Stitch abscess? (Photos)

I got a breast augmentation 1 week 3 days ago on 11/03. I got 475ccs natrelle silicone gel implants. I got my tape and stiches taken out on Friday 11/11. My left scar is healing great, but my right started bleeding. It feels itchy and very sore. I had a very bad bruise after surgery. Just wondering if it could be a stitch abscess ?

Stitch abscess?

Hello, it is difficult to state what exactly is causing your problem without a proper exam.  If there is bleeding or any other abnormal healing along your breast incision it is safest to contact your surgeon for advice.

Breast augmentation scar bleeding. Stitch abscess?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though I do not see clear evidence of a stitch abscess, it does appear that you have some scabbing to your incision.  If you have seen this appearance worsen, or the incision has started to separate, see your surgeon for an in-person examination.  

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Also I recommend you to follow your plastic surgeon advices.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incision

Bruising can occur and itching is normal as you heal. If you have specific concerns regarding your incision, you should be seen in person.

Breast augmentation scar bleeding. Stitch abscess

It does not appear to be a stitch abscess but you should see your surgeon so they can examine you in person and determine if you need to have the steri-strips reapplied for a short period off time

Julio Garcia, MD

10 days s/p augmentation question

This is really a question for your operating board certified plastic surgeon. They are more familiar with sutures used and what was done during your operation.

Stitch abscesses are your body eating away absorbable suture material. It tends to happen a little later than 10 days after an operation. Check with your surgeon and they should be able to help.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Post-Operative Issue

It is difficult to say based only on your picture.  I would discuss with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast augmentation question

It is possible that what you're describing could be a stitch abscess. Any issue in your postoperative course necessitates a call and possibly a visit to your surgeon. Please call them without delay to discuss this issue with them.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Bleeding stitch?

Thanks for your question. Postoperative bleeding is a serious concern and you should contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation today. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD