When can I go bra-less for a few hours?

Wondering if 5 weeks post breast aug/lift is fine enough time to go bra-less for a few hours (at an event)??

Bra-less after lift

Congratulations on your surgery. At this point post-op, I would allow my patients to go bra-less for a few hours. You should always check with your surgeon, however, as each as their own protocol and your surgeon knows the most about you and exactly what you had done.

Tempe Plastic Surgeon

No bra

Please ask your surgeon when you may go without a bra. Every surgeon has his/her preference depending upon what implant and type of surgery was done. There are some patients that probably should not go without support at this time.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Garment support following breast surgery

It is good to wear a supportive bra (without underwires) after breast surgery for 6 to 12 weeks. However, I advise my patients that there should not be an issue with not wearing a supportive bra for a few hours, like for an evening out, at any stage during recovery.

Bra or no bra

Some surgeons do not even use bras so this is a question you should ask your surgeon. Best of luck..

When can I go bra-less for a few hours?

At this point I have no problem letting my patients go bra-less for a few hours.  Check in with your surgeon for confirmation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD