140lbs, broad shoulders, 5'3", 34A twin mommy makeover size? (Photos)

I'm an athletic 5'3" twin mom that had perky cute boobs prior to nursing twins for 9 months! I'll get getting a breast aug with silicone in Jan. I want to have a size that fits me but is a couple sizes bigger than what I have. I'm starting off with a 34A and deciding between 350/380/400 cc mod plus. I don't want to go too big; I have decent chest width and muscle. I want them to look natural-like and not high up at all. I'd be happy with 350 but worried about wishing I'd gone bigger?

Breast Augmentation and size

Thanks for the questiona nd for the photos.

A physical exam would answer many of your questions.  Implant size... I ususally go transaxillary, submuscular with the silicone impants.  I use a sizer to guage which implant fits YOUR chest the best.  I order several sizes just to be sure so I have a selection on the day of surgery.  You should get topless photos of womens chests that you find appealing.  This way your surgeon has an idea of exactly what you are looking for.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Baggy test

Congratulations on your decision to move forward. A baggy test can give you a rough idea in terms of how you might look with the different volumes.  You will see that if you are around the 380#, going up or down a size might not mean much in terms of appearance.

Augment sizing

The difference between those implants is minimal. Given your broad shoulders, the larger end of that spectrum may be more appropriate. The implants should be in proportion with your body shape.

Breast augmentation size.

The difference among the implants you've listed, between 350 and 400 cc, is only 50cc.  That's about 3 tablespoons of volume, meaning, MINIMAL.  Among those, you should choose the one that fits the dimension (in CM not in CC) of your breast better.  Your surgeon should be able to help you do this.  You should consult with a qualified surgeon in your area to see what your options are.

140 pounds broad shoulders,...

Be sure that you try these implants on at your consultation. If you like 350 check out the 400 as well so that it is not a mystery. When in doubt go with the larger of your choices.

Implants candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants).
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

140lbs, broad shoulders, 5'3", 34A twin mommy makeover size?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend discussing sizing with your ASPS board certified plastic surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.  Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation Size

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to make a recommendation about size of implants without a proper consultation. Many board certified plastic surgeons offer technology that can do 3D simulation breast imaging so patients can view outcomes not only related to their breasts, but to the entire body as well. I recommend discussing these options with your board certified plastic surgeon, who can individualize your treatment plan.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.