Lipo or tummy tuck needed? (photos)

Will lipo work for me or do I need tummy tuck? If I just got Lipo will I have saggy skin? Is my skin saggy?? Confused!! Help I want an hour glass shape when I do have my surgery!

Tummy tuck or Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for posting photos. It's difficult to tell from your photos without an in person consultation. You should discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon. Generally speaking, if you have some loose skin on your abdomen and weakened abdominal muscles, you will need a tummy tuck as liposuction alone will not give you the desired aesthetic. I usually perform liposuction with a lateral tension abdominoplasty to give the best results. 

Tummy Tuck Vs. Liposuction

Thank you for your question. The best candidates for liposuction are healthy and relatively fit, have firm, elastic skin and have good muscle tone. Tummy Tuck surgery aims to create an abdominal profile that is smooth and firm by removing excess fat and skin and tightening weakened or separated muscle. I recommend discussing your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring WITH Tummy Tuck -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

I suggest you see an expert this type of contouring requires fat removal with liposuction and skin removal with tummy tuck. all can be performed at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo or tummy tuck?

From your photos it appeard you have good tone to your skin, so liposuction would be an excellent treatment option to contour your waist. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck

If your skins not that loose and your muscles are in good shape, then lipo may be all that you need. Best of luck.

Lipo versus tummy tuck

Though a physical examination would be important to give the most definitive answer, judging from the photos, you appear to be a great candidate for liposuction.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and request a consult. 

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lipo looks like a good answer

It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell with just a photo and without an exam so none of us can really tell you for sure without an exam.  Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and if not confident in the recommendation see several docs for several in person recommendations.  Many of us offer complimentary consultations.  That being said your skin (at least from the photo) appears to have nice quality to it and you would very likely do very well with liposuction alone without an abdominoplasty.  Good luck!

Candidate for liposuction

It would appear that you are a reasonable candidate for liposuction. Here is some helpful information about Lipostuction: If you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. Unfortunately, many individuals performing liposuction are not trained in other techniques of body contouring and may not have the experience to recognize that a different procedure (such as a tummy tuck) may provide a better result for the patient. Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) may be used in conjunction with other body contouring procedures, such as breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, or facelift.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for contouring liposuction of your waist, abdomen, flanks, and back.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lipo or tummytuck ??

Based on your photos, I think you would get a nice result from lipo rather than a tummytuck. You would also avoid the big scar of a tummytuck. It looks like most of your problem is excess fat rather than skin so lipo is the procedure of choice for you. Good luck!!