I have a bump on the side of my nose and I don't know what it is, any ideas? What should I do? (Photos)

A few years ago I notice a bump on the side of my nose. I don't remember injuring it or getting hit so I'm not sure where it came from. It does not hurt and it isn't very noticeable so I'm clueless as to what it might be. The bump feels like skin so I'm not sure what it is. I'm debating if I should go to the doctor to get it checked out. Any advice ?

Bump on nose

What I can see of it on the photos, looks like a skin lesion that needs to be evaluated in person to determine what it might be.  A biopsy of the lesion would be prudent.

Nose evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine just based on this picture.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal bump

Yes, it would be most appropriate to be seen and evaluated by a surgeon to identify whether or not this is in the skin, under the skin or in the bone. It is difficult to tell from your photos. Good luck