What should I do??? (photos)

3 weeks ago I got a breast lift and implants done in Colombia and as the days pass my wounds get worse in my right breast and I'm really worried and I don't know what to do???

Doctor Answers 10

Post breast lift with augmentation

Please see a board certified plastic surgeon near you for proper care. Best wishes!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

#Breast wounds after out of country #cosmeticsurgery. . .

Please seek medical care from a board-certified plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  You need to be assessed for the quality of the remaining tissue, infection, and risk of implant exposure.  

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Breast issue

You need to see a plastic surgeon to go over proper wound care for you regarding these areas of breakdown.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Breast surgery

You need to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon in the states.  Your best option may be to remove the implants and close the wounds by excising these wounds.  Best wishes, Dr. T

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Wound issues

I'm sorry to hear about your wound healing troubles. You need to find a plastic surgeon near you, or go back to your surgeon in Colombia. You need the attention of an experience surgeon to be sure this doesn't lead to major problems. I would start be keeping the wounds very clean, and applying some light polysporin ointment, and be seen in the next day or two. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

What should I do?

This should be evaluated by a physician.  If you are unable to contact the operating surgeon then you should
contact your primary care doctor or a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.    

John S. Poser, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Result may vary

Dear Patient,
Thank you for sharing you problem with us. I hope you feel yourself fine.
I can not explain exactly what happened with your neeple areas but I may give some advice.
If you are smoker you definitely need to stop smoking and make daily washing of these problem areas and dressing. I hope after these manipulations you may feel yourself better and it definitely needs to heal up.
With Best Regards from Istanbul, TT.

Tunc Tiryaki, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

What should I do???

Options: #1 Return to Columbia for your surgeon to care for these complications! #2 Call and  cash PRE PAY for care from local boarded PSs (like myself). This could end up costing thousands of $$s. #2 see you Primary doc and obtain a referral to Infectious Disease doctor if you have insurance.  Unfortunately the lesson is out of country surgeries HAVE very high risks. What if you have MRSA infection!!!

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

What should I do???

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 418 reviews

Post Op Breast

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. You require immediate attention due to the risk of infection that can lead to serious illness. Seek the care of a board certified plastic surgeon.

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.