Can you tell me what is wrong? (Photo)

I have one week post op and from the first day my left side was more soft than the other side i have L425cc and R435cc hp right now my right implants is hard and i have more pain than the left one I'm so worry about it I don't know what to think...I want my both implants the same sizes and volume.

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Early in the process...

Greetings!. Right now, it's very early on in the process of healing from a breast augmentation. Give it more time and follow your doctor's instructions about ways to soften the breasts.

To learn more about recovery, see the link below. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Early postop

You are very early postop and it s usual for the implants to feel hard at this time. It takes 6 weeks for the implants to soften. I would see your PS if you have concerns but it is not unusual to have more pain on the smaller side with the larger implant.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Looks fine

Xoxo:  Based on the photos you posted, things look great for one week postop!  Things take weeks to months to settle and they will continue to change and improve with time.  If you are having concerns you should definitely follow up with your surgeon but based on your photos alone things look fine.

Best of luck to you!

G. Robert Meger MD

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.
You have a very nice result so far. Breasts can heal at different rates. Be patient and give it some time. Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and call him or her with any concerns. Best of luck and congratulations on your surgery!

Breast discomfort early after implant surgery

it is impossible to give you good answer based on photos. Your breasts appear grossly symmetric and normal 1 week after surgery. However, pain in one breast and hardness is something that you need to address with your surgeon. Detailed clinical exam may reveal something that one can not see on presented photos or confirm that everything in normal. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation 1 week post op

Thank you for your question and pictures. Your breasts look very good for 1 week post-op. Try to be patient as you are still in the infancy of your recovery. 

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. At one week your implants are still sitting high on your chest and will need time to reach your final results as your body resolves much of its swelling. It is not unusual to have differences in size of your breast this soon after surgery. I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Pain and swelling after breast augmentation

From the photos you submitted it does appear the right breast is larger.  Since you also feel more pain and firmness of the right breast my concern is for hematoma.  Of course post operative swelling may also explain the difference.  However, if there is a hematoma of significant size it probably should be evacuated.  My recommendation is that you make an appointment for evaluation by your surgeon as soon as possible.  If it's not a hematoma, then at least you will have peace of mind.  Best of luck to you.

Pedro Vieira, MD
East Brunswick General Surgeon

Thank you for your question and pictures.  At one week post op, it is way too soon to make any determinations about final size an shape.  You need to wait at least 3 months for the final results, and then make decisions regarding the results.  From your pictures, there does not appear to be any acutely wrong going on.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon