Would simply getting the tip of my nose fixed change my profile enough or if I would need complete rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I love the look of my profile on the left side of my face but my nose appears completely different on the right side of my face. The tip of my nose upturns a bit on the left side of my fave but dips down and i have a hanging columella on the right side of my face.

Would simply getting the tip of my nose fixed change my profile enough?

My fear is that you would be underwhelmed by the results of a tip rhinoplasty, because your profile is dominated by the dorsal "hump" which would not be changed with a tip rhinoplasty. I feel that after a tip-refinement surgery, you would then focus laser-like on the hump and ultimately be dissatisfied. 
My recommendation is for a complete rhinoplasty obtain symmetry and to feminize the nose as well as refine the tip. This would eliminate your nose as a distracting feature and allow it to blend harmoniously with your otherwise pretty, feminine face.
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Plasty vs Full Rhinoplasty

I strongly recommend that if you have nasal surgery do a full rhinoplasty. You need to remove your hump and decrease the width of your entire nose to have a balanced result. I feel tip improvement alone will actually make your nose look worse.

Full rhinoplasty procedure

The side photographs demonstrate a very large dorsal hump, therefore it's impossible to perform only a tip rhinoplasty. A complete rhinoplasty is required to shave down the dorsal hump, narrow the bridge,  refine the tip and balance the tip to the new bridge line. Also important to release the depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip down when smiling. For more information,please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Your pictures show the need for a full rhinoplasty. The best way to see these potential changes is with computer imaging. This will help you appreciate the full potential effect of a more complete rhinoplasty procedure.

Rhinoplasty

As an artist I like using the reshaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties . Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the nasal cartilages giving a thinner , more  refined natural looking nose.From examining your pictures I would recommend a full rhinoplasty.
I like to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and then make an operative plan.
I incorporate the FINNESSE Technique which I invented . Bleeding ,bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique.it is not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery. I don't routinely pack the nose.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Rachael, thank you for the pictures! Often times when we look in the mirror, there is one particular thing that we do not like.  When that is addressed, we notice that there are other aspects relating to that structure which were also affected.  What I am trying to say is that we must differentiate the forest from the trees.  Addressing only the tip, in your case, would improve how your nose looks when you smile (as far as it not coming down and affecting your profile).  However, it would look out of place with the rest of the nose as you have a slightly widened dorsum and projected nose.  To be honest with you, you would be best served with a conservative rhinoplasty to help accomodate the nose to the rest of your pretty facial features. An elegant and natural looking nose is certainly possible.  Improving the definition of the upper and mild third of your nose while giving you definition to your tip and creating a great looking profile would be the goal.  When going on your consultations, make sure you discuss what exactly would be done and how that would affect your overall outcome.  Rhinoplasty is both exciting and nerve wracking for patients! We completely understand that.  Our job is to make you feel comfortable.  Best of luck! You will do great.  I hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Simply getting your tip of your nose operated on will cause your nose to be out of balance

From reviewing your photos, it appears that you could benefit from a Rhinoplasty. The best way to evaluate a nose is in totality. You have a wide boney dorsum and some what of a dorsal hump, and a bulbous tip with lack of projection. All of these aspects of your nose need to be considered and then the operation should bring all of these into harmony. I prefer an open technique because you can more accurately control the shape of the different parts of the nose. Make sure you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has extensive experience in Rhinoplasty surgery. As to see before and after photos. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Would simply getting the tip of my nose fixed change my profile enough or if I would need complete rhinoplasty?

You  appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty. In my opinion, changing "only the tip" in your case will only disrupt the harmony of the face. If you truly want the best looking, more elegant and feminine nose- you would need to address all the elements of your nose. I would utilize closed Rhinoplasty technique.Seek a Board  Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty. For more info on how to choose the right PS you can view the video attached