Which implant is the best quality for a breast lift? Will my belly get big again if I gain 10 pounds after a tummy tuck surgery?

I'm planning on getting a breast lift with implants but I want the best quality one I want it to feel nice and natural any ideas please...and also need a tummy tuck but I want to lose 10 to 15 pnds just for a better result on the tummy but really don't want to be that skinny will my belly get big again if gain 10 pnds back after the surgery?

No posted photos so very hard to respond. Best to see more boarded PSs to discus ALL your concerns!>>>>>>>

Which implant is the best quality for a breast lift? Will my belly get big again if I gain 10 pounds after a tummy tuck surgery

There are a number of excellent breast implants on the market and each has its relative advantages.  Once your surgeon has examined you he/she should be able to advise you on which might be in your best interest.  In most cases a 10 pound weight gain should not ruin a tummy tuck result.  That said, it always pays to try to maintain your weight and exercise regularly to preserve what you have gained through your surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Stable long term body weight is best before undergoing surgery

Weight loss or gain can negatively influence the final outcome of any body contouring procedure.  Cosmetic breast and tummy surgeries are optimized when patients are at their long term stable body weight at the time of surgery.  

I usually recommend smooth round silicone gel filled implants to my patients seeking breast enhancement.  Silicone gel has a greater viscosity than saline and better mimics the physical characteristics of fat.  This characteristic imparts advantages to a breast enhanced with a silicone gel filled implant.  The greater fluid viscosity of silicone results in less surface rippling and a natural feel to the implant.  The use of round symmetric implants eliminates the problem of distortion from malrotation of anatomic shaped implants.  Additionally, I recommend smooth over textured breast implants to avoid the controversy and anxiety that has arisen with the discovery of breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. 

Best of luck to you!

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast lift

Thank you for your question.  It is highly advisable that you reach your goal weight before undergoing a breast lift and tummy tuck.  A textured silicone implant is an excellent choice as it tends to have a more natural look and feel compared to saline implants.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Type of Implant to Complement a Breast Lift

A Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the #implants to be used. Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from #shaped implants.
It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size? The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that we choose. It is also very helpful to know your height, your weight, and your dress size as well. All these can be considered when discussing your #options with a Plastic Surgeon. 

Choose your surgeon wisely to get the best outcome

Gaining 10 pounds is not a good idea and it will most certainly affect your tummy tuck outcome.  Losing 10 pounds would be the better option.  Implants and lifts are really not the right choice.

A lift with an implant is controversial for two reasons. First, when you perform a lift you are making everything tight and closing the wounds under tension. It you add the expansive forces of the implant at the same time, you are fighting against yourself. There are forces on the wound which try to make them separate, which results in wider, thicker, more irregular scars. In the worst case, the wounds will open. So compromises are usually made in the operating room by the surgeon because they cannot close the lift wounds over the appropriate sized implant. Either less of a lift is performed so that the skin is not as tight and therefore there is less tension on the closure. Or a smaller implant than would be appropriate is used so as to decrease the expansive forces. Either way, you are compromising the aesthetic outcome. Often the outcome is so compromised that a second revision surgery is required. If however, you plan to have the lift first and then the augmentation after everything has healed, then you have two operation that are planned, both with much lower risk than the combined mastopexy/augmenation. The outcomes of the two meticulously planned operations are much better and a more aesthetically pleasing, and a safer outcome is achieved.

The second reason the combination of mastopexy and augmentation is controversial is because of the risk of nipple necrosis (death of the nipple). By making the skin tight for the lift, you are putting external pressure on the veins that supply the nipple. By putting an expansive force on the undersurface of the breast with an implant, you are putting pressure on the thin walled veins that supply the nipple. If the pressure by squeezing the veins between the implant and the skin is greater than the venous pressure in the veins, the flow will stop. If the venous outflow stops, the arterial inflow is stopped. If the arterial inflow is stopped, there is no oxygen for the healing wounds and the tissue dies.

Placing the implant on top of the muscle in combination with a lift puts the blood supply to the nipple at a much higher risk because in addition to the issue of pressure on the veins, you have to divide the blood vessels that are traveling from the pectoralis muscle directly into the breast (and to the nipple) in order to place the implant between the breast tissue and the muscle. This adds a third element of risk to an already risky operation. Mastopexy/augmenation with sub glandular implant placement is by far the riskiest way to address your anatomic question.

Gaining ten pounds should not make your abdomen large, but may show a difference. There are many excellent sizes and styles of implants. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. During the consultation, you can try on a variety of sixes to see what looks best.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's impossible to give th best response. Generally speaking, these two procedures done together can be of great benefit and improve body contour significantly. I prefer silicone gel implants over saline, and determine the style based on the patient's body status during exam. I prefer to place the silicone implants under the muscle in this instance .

Hello dear, thaks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. I suggest you to go with soft cohesive silicone implants, MOTIVA and EUROSILICONE are really good quality one's, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Which implant is best with a breast lift

There are numerous styles of implants available in the US and each style of implant can be used in conjunction with a breast lift. None are necessarily better or worse than the other style. The style and type of implant utilized will depend on several factors including your preference (saline vs silicone), your size goal, your shape desire etc. It is best that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with all types of implants and he/she can examine you and help you chose the type of implant that will help get you to your overall goal.
You should be at a stable weight when you undergo a tummy tuck. If you are not planning on maintaining your weight loss after your surgery, it would be prudent for you to undergo a tummy tuck at your most stable weight. This will allow for more predictable results.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon