How much weight should I lose before BBL to get the best results? Should I lose any? 29, Black, 5'6", 160 lbs (Photo)

I am scheduled to have a BBL procedure done soon. One thing I am concerned about is my weight. At the time I scheduled my procedure a few months ago, I was 5'6, 157lbs which is my most comfortable weight although my goal weight is 145-150lbs. I was told to gain 5-7 lbs, but I gained more than that accidentally so I went up 168lbs. However, I am currently 160 lbs. How much weight do I need to lose before my procedure or should I lose anymore weight? I want to get the best results possible.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at this weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Best weight for a BBL

The truth is, it depends on your goals - how much fat do you need in order to get the butt you desire.  It sounds like you've already had an exam and a recommendation was made.  A few more pounds shouldn't present a difficulty.  The key thing you need to remember is that weight changes AFTER your surgery may affect your results somewhat.  That's why I recommend my patients be at a weight they can maintain.  The fat transferred into your butt will behave just like fat elsewhere on your body - it will grow and shrink as your weight changes.  The great thing about a Brazilian Butt Lift is it includes liposuction to reshape your midsection so even if you fluctuate a bit, your overall shape should be easy to maintain.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

How much weight should i lose before BBL to get the best results?

Thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a BBL procedure, you already are in good shape for surgery, although you could get to your goal weight and keep it stable before surgery you will have the best results. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior. Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.