Still round looking 8 weeks after tt. Why am I not flat? (photos)

Hi. Still look rounded 8 weeks after my tt. Getting nervous that it'll stay this way. I do have my period and was active, can that effect the bulge too?

8 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (8 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.It is still very early in the healing period to assess the final results.  I certainly think that you will improve as time passes and the swelling goes away.  Continue with your girdle as directed and close follow up with your PS.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question and photos. Swelling can last anywhere from weeks to months. Every patient heals differently, and you will see your full results in 3-6 months.

German Newall, MD

Not flat post tummy

I would ask your surgeon if he plicated your abdominal muscles together.that may be why you are not more flat.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Still round looking 8 weeks after tt. Why am I not flat?

So many postop issues you have posted! Best to seek ONLY in person paid second opinions from private practice boarded PSs in FL.

Still round?

8 weeks is still somewhat early for the final result.  Your lymphatic system takes several months to repair itself following any surgical insult such as tissue undermining of the abdominal flap and liposuction.  Other factors that determine the 'flatness' after a TT, are how much tightening was done during the muscle repair and how much intra-abdominal fat you have (fat under the muscles).  Give it time and don't give up just yet.

Shayne Webb, MD