What type of breast lift would be best for me? Also planning silicone gel replacement (photo)

Breast lift with replacement implants

It is hard to say with these photos but maybe a simple donut mastopexy and gel implants.There is no question that gel implants are the best.forget saline.Gel implants are softer and more natural.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast lift

A vertical breast lift will likely benefit you most.  This will depend however in the type of implant, size of implant, and the type of pocket repair needed.  Larger, higher profile implants that filled out the lower pole if your breast may allow you to opt for a donut lift.  With that said, the breat lift that will likely give you the best result is the vertical breast lift.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift™

I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and may avoid the use of implants.However, if you do want implants, the can be added at the same time.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tear Drop Augmentation Mastopexy

You would do well with my tear drop augmentation mastopexy. This technique lifts the breast tissue from above - anchoring the breast tissue higher on the chest wall will add superior pole fullness. I would exchange the implants and remove the residual capsule.
If you would like more information on this or other techniques please read my book "Cosmetic breast Surgery - a complete guide from A to double D".

Robert M. Freund, MD

What type of breast lift would be best for me? Also planning silicone gel replacement

A modified vertical breast lift would be a reasonable option just based upon your photos. Find an expert in breast surgery who has great reviews and great before and after photos.

Tubular breasts require more extensive work

It appears that you have tubular breast deformity. These breasts typically have a narrow base that needs to be opened up by actually cutting

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Mastopexy incision over implant

While not the best angle to evaluate this, it could be difficult to pull off a periareolar or  true vertical incision with the amount of skin you appear to have. Most likely you will need either a J shape or traditional "T" (wise pattern") to tack the skin well.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Anchor incision is best

Thank you for your picture. I think the best type of breast lift that you can have would be the anchor incision. This type of lift with your implants should give you a very nice result.

What type of breast lift?

Thanks for your question. I think you would benefit from a full breast lift. This can be combined with replacing your implants.  Hope this helps.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with silicone gel implants

It appears that you would benefit from a full breast lift based on the photo that you posted. However, it is difficult to see exactly the position of your nipples. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience performing breast lift and augmentation at the same time could make this determination based on your breast measurements and your desired result. A breast lift does create vertical scars to the inframammary crease and around the areola, but over time, they fade so that they are not noticeable. Since a lift will reduce some of the breast tissue, silicone implants can be placed at the same time so that you regain the fullness that you lost. The result should be fuller, perkier breasts that look more youthful. The type of implant will depend on what your surgeon chooses based on your size and shape.