Which would you recommend; Tummy tuck or Liposuction ?

I've one child by c-section and after that my tummy never went back to normal. I've no stretch marks and no loose skin. What are my options if I want flat tummy?

Liposuction

Of course it would be better to answer this question using photographs, but you have no loose skin, you would probably be better off with a liposuction.

Lipo only

This is tough to answer without photos but if you have no loose skin and excess fat then you may need to have yourabdominal muscles tightened.This would give a flatter tummy.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Options

Without photos, I cannot say what would be best for your. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I would have to see pictures or examine you to really provide any insight.

How to decide between lipo or tummy tuck

Both a tummy tuck and liposuction will remove any localized disproportionate fat, but only a tummy tuck will tighten loose skin and correct the muscle separation which is common after pregnancy. A personal evaluation is needed, and this should be done by a board certified plastic surgeon who can offer both options depending on what your individual situation requires for the best result.

Richard Baxter, MD

Option for flat tummy

Abdominal shaping involves  liposuction of extra fat,excising extra skin ( you don't require. ), tightening  of loose muscle or diverication of rectii   if any .your case muscle tightening can be done through  your c section scar ( endoscopic assisted)

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Without photos- it's difficult to comment.  Would be helpful to see the photos. Generally speaking, if you have loose, excess skin and fat in your abdomen region- then you are probably a candidate for abdominoplasty ( Tummy Tuck).

Forgot t post a photo so no real way to answer you. Best to seek only in person opinions from boarded PSs in South Florida.. 

Tummy tuck or Liposuction

Unfortunately without the photographs or a physical examination it is very difficult to make recommendations.  Based on your description of no loose skin and no stretch marks, it sounds like you might benefit from a liposuction procedure.  If you have loose muscles from your pregnancy, this will not be addressed with liposuction alone. If you are planning on having more children, you should wait before having the tummy tuck.  I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

From your description it sounds like you might be a candidate for liposuction if you have good skin quality. It also sounds like you may have stretching of the connective tissue that holds your abdominal muscles together. This is know as a rectus diastasis. This can contribute to a rounded appearance of your tummy. The way to fix a rectus diastasis is with a tummy tuck. As you can see, you have attributes that might point to each procedure. The only way to sort this out is with an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. They can interview and examine you and then suggest the best treatment to achieve your desired results.