Tummy Tuck Incision not healing. Is this considered necrosis? (photos)

My PS tells me to put Zulfate and give it time. I will see my PS next Monday to determine if surgery needed. Can you tell me what does the surgery consist of and will I be responsible for any cost? Iam very nervous and scared. I am a strong antibiotic and feel much better but the wounds are still red and I just want your opinion. Thanks

Problem with Tummy Tuck Incision Healing

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

It would be best to have the area checked to make sure that healing is progressing well before worrying about a revision, as several months are needed to pass before a revision to allow for full healing of the initial procedure. Good luck.

Tummy Tuck Incision not healing.

Hello dear, thanks for your provided information and pictures as well. Im sorry about how you feel. But what I recommend to you is to keep calm and positive and trust in your surgeron. 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Necrosis

this can happen from any type of surgery, especially a TT. Costs of tx depends on your PS office/personal policy.