Tummy tuck getting bigger (Photo)

Ok I had my tummy tuck on December 17th 2015 I looked awesome right after surgery I am just over the 2 months mark and I am getting bigger I have attached for pictures one right after surgery and the other three are dated I hope there's nothing wrong with my surgery

2 months post op and swelling, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tummy tuck getting bigger (Photo)

Hi , this is an interesting question.

Sometimes constipation or slow digestion happens due to the   tighten of the abdominal muscles.

I would suggest first to resolve any constipation issues  you may have, and avoid dairy products like milk, ice creams, butter etc. for some time.

And communicate this to   your plastic surgeon that may have some recommendations for you.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Getting bigger after TT

Thank you for your inquiry and the photos you submitted.  Naturally you should follow up with your treating Plastic Surgeon if there are any questions.  There are things that can cause the appearance of additional fullness developing such as a collection of fluid called a seroma or even a collection of bloody fluid.  It would be best to check with your Plastic Surgeon and hopefully this will put you at ease.

Best Wishes,

John J Obi, MD

John J. Obi, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck getting bigger

Hard to advise without in person abdominal examination! Are you gaming weight? Best to ask your chosen surgeon or seek in person second opinions.....

Tummy tuck getting bigger

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery!  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place. Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve over the next several months, but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue. Hope this helps.

Bigger post TT

I guess my advice would be to go back to your surgeon and have him evaluate this.The question is do you have a seroma or collection of fluid that might explain this.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Since there has been an increase in your swelling, I think you should get it checked out in person by your surgeon. Always best to err on the side of caution. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD