Which treatment would I need to narrow my wide nose & nostrils? (Photo)

I have a wide, 'fat' nose with flared and wide nostrils but I really desire a slim narrow nose so I am curious as to which treatment would give me a very similar 'close enough' look. I have limited knowledge on cosmetic surgery.

Which treatment would I need to narrow my wide nose & nostrils?

If you desire to improve and refine your nose- you might be a candidate for Rhinoplasty. It is best to seek an in person consultation with an experienced Board Certified PS with expertise in Rhinoplasty. 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question
I first like to discuss the overall look of the nose with the pt. . I take a magazine , like vogue , and I discuss the look of the noses from the various models with the pt. . I then will modify the approach according to the pt's wishes.

There are various ways to do a nose job. The old way , which I don't like, is called destructive Rhinoplasty this is where the surgeon removes bone and cartilage.

I like to do reshaping Rhinoplasty .The bone and the cartilage is what gives shape to the nose. Excess cartilage and bone are removed where necessary but the nose is reshaped by changing the shape of the cartilages by using suturing techniques and utilizing cartilage grafts ( please see accompanying video).

I would narrow the bridge of your nose and also make sure that the final height of the bridge of your nose is appropriate for your face .

I would conservatively thin the cartilage over the tip of your nose . I would use a suturing technique to narrow the angles of the tip cartilages . I would slightly increase the  angle of  the tip of your nose . 

Anlar rim reduction narrows your nostrils .

I hope this information is helpful to you 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Need better photos

To make better recommendations we need better photos (from hairline to mid neck).  You should also not be concerned about how or what can be done to achieve the results you are looking for because everyone uses a different approach.  Instead, you should review before/after photos (make sure they show you three views from each patient) to see if you see the kind of results your looking for.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Narrowing wide nostrils and a wide nasal base

It is possible to narrow your wide boxy tip and give you a narrower more pyramidal or triangular nose which is considered aesthetically pleasing. To narrow your nostrils, you would need a procedure that brings your nostrils closer at the base. In addition, the hanging part of your nose called the columella could be brought in as well to make your tip not appear drooping on the side view. Also, it appears you have some nostril asymmetry that would need to be addressed as well. I would recommend a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area since they typically perform more rhinoplasties and are aware of the nuances to achieve a desirable result for you. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing My Wide Nose and Nostrils

You need a rhinoplasty procedure to narrow your entire nose including the bridge, tip, and nasal base. Your tip should be refined and the hanging columella elevated. Consult with a surgeon who devotes most of their practice to this surgery.

Rhinoplasty to narrow and wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing a wide nose. There are multiple maneuvers that are accomplished during the procedure to narrow  the nose. For example, to narrow the  wide bridge line requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones. To narrow the wide tip requires conservative cartilage removal and suture techniques applied to the nasal tip cartilages. A hanging columella can also be reduced. Wide nostrils are reduced with an alar-plasty. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Nose narrowing rhinoplasty is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures.
The best way to see what can be achieved is to get computer imaging of you nose done to see what it would look like after the surgery. Please see the weblink and the viseo below to learn more about rhinoplasty. You can send your photos through for computer imaging using the weblink.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip narrowing and refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from osteotomies to narrow the width of your mid nasal vault.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty is what you're looking for

Nose-reshaping surgery is called rhinoplasty. If your nose is a distraction to you when you look in the mirror, or when you see yourself in photos and you find that it's a source of concern for you, than you have realistic motivations for rhinoplasty.
You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty to address all of the concerns you listed above. Do your homework and seek out a consultation with a Board-Certified Facial Plastic or General Plastic Surgeon who has experience with rhinoplasty.
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon