Can toned women achieve good BBL results, especially if they have high hips?

Is it possible for a thin woman with high hips to achieve an hourglass figure and full butt with projection? I see alot of doctors recommending patients to gain alot of weight but that could lead to a whole lot of problems such as diabetes, high cholesterol and read complaints that those patients do not retain those results. I am 5'2" weigh 140 lbs and have good muscle since I lift alot and heavy. Body fat at 26%

Buttock enhancement options

Buttock enhancement with fat transfer is unreliable, especially in the case where patients are urged to gain weight in preparation for fat transfer procedures such as the Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL):

1) Transferred fat does not survive reliably: up to 80% will melt and this may not happen in symmetric fashion;

2) Transferred fat always behaves as if it were in its original location, so if you gain weight, have fat transfer, and then lose weight the transferred fat will disappear.

Enhancement with buttock implants guarantees contour adjustment.  Implant surgery has risks, too, including fluid collection, discomfort, and implant migration.  In my experience this is the preferred method since these risks are small and the results are permanent.

Yes, of course.  There are two things that are necessary - skill to remove all the fat while leaving you smooth and transferring all of that fat.  That is all you can ask of the surgeon.  Healing is never going to be the same person to person, so even if there is perfect execution by the surgeon the results may vary.  Also, the expectations of the patients will vary.  In addition, the surgeon has to balance safety with these expectations.

Lean Patients and BBL

Hi and thanks for the question. There is a certain amount of fat that is necessary in order to have a BBL. The amount of change desired is proportionate to the amount of fat required. This question for you is best answered by having a consultation with a board certified ps who performs this procedure regularly. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lifts and body contouring procedures.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for the question.  It is difficult to determine if you are a good candidate with no photos posted.  I would recommend an in person consultation.  Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Without any pictures provided it is impossible to tell if you are candidate for a BBL.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL

You would not be considered a good candidate for a BBL if you are thin with little body fat. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hi, thank you for your question... the results will depend on your physical condition and the way this fat is located in your body. repost this with your pictures to give you amore specific opinion. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD