I'm thinking about a BA, but I don't know what size or shape I should get. What do you recommend?

what do you recommend ? I'm 5'5 i weight 116 , and I'm a 32 A and i was thinking of going to the 300 cc.

Unsure on How to Choose Your Breast Implant Size

As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.

This may provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.

Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

Dimensional Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Most patients want to achieve a result that enhances their body contour, but still looks natural, and that’s what you want, too. Your successful outcome depends on selecting the most suitable breast implant type and surgical technique. Your Plastic Surgeon can use Dimensional breast Augmentation planning to take into account your desired look as well as your breast measurements and existing anatomy. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area.

All the best

Size

This sounds like a good size for you.  You are petite and likely have a tight skin envelope.  Going too big will result in an odd looking breast shape for some time.  A 300 cc high profile implant sounds like a good choice for you with the information given.  

Breast Implant Size

The best way to determine the size of the breast implant you should go with is to book an in-person consultation with a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon. By speaking with a plastic surgeon in person, he/she will be better to assess your situation and can help you decide on a size that best suits your body and your lifestyle.

Moreover, many surgeons and clinics (like ours) give patients the option of trying on sizers as well as provide digital imaging during their consultation to get an idea of what type of results different volumes will achieve. Above all, your surgeon should understand exactly what you want and what you're hoping to achieve.

Implant size for breast augmentation

The best way to achieve a high quality result and limit the possibility of complications over time is to select a breast implant based on specific anatomical measurements of your chest.  This is easily done during an office visit, and a plastic surgeon will be able to then recommend what's best.  Be sure you are evaluated by a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations.
Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Thank you for your question.  The proper size of implant will be determined by your plastic surgeons measurement of the base width of your breast.  A 300 cc breast implant will require at least 12.5 cm  of width of the base of your breast.  I suggest that she try the Rice test which is outlined in the link below:

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
My advice for you is to send your photos to us to give you the recommendations you want and need.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

What size/shape

It's important to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  As far as shape/size/position,  these are questions that's should be discussed in the preop consultations. Your goals and the plastic surgeons ability combined with his vision for your outcome should guide you in your decision making.  In my practice I use the Vectra Xl system so that I can effectively communicate what a patient will look like with different implants from different manufactures as well as different sizes.  It has greatly improved my ability to communicate effectively with patients.   

Oliver P. Simmons, MD, FACS
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

What's the best size/shape for BA?

Optimal size and shape for a BA depends on several factors, including your measurements, goals, etc. Generally speaking, measurements are taken (of which perhaps the most important will be your base breast width) and based on those measurements, you will likely be given a range implant sizes that will best "fit" you. To go either larger or smaller may give you sub-optimal results. Given your stated size, your request for a 300 cc implant sounds reasonable, but you would have to be properly examined and measured to be sure. As for type, I use mostly smooth, round cohesive gel (ie., gummy bear) implants. I'm not a big fan of using shaped, textured implants except in certain situations (ie., body builders, reconstructive cases, tuberous/constricted breasts). That said, surgeons are different and may have different ideas as to the type of implant they would consider ideal for your particular situation.