Is there any contradiction for having hypothyroidism that will prevent from getting Liposuction & Brazilian Butt Lift?

I was dx with hyperthyroidism previously in 2009 and I took the Iodine radioactive pill. After that I was prescribe Synthroid 88mcg for hypothyroidism and I continue to take it daily. I had my Thyroid panel lab drawn with my PCP and I plan on presenting the results to my surgeon during my consultantion. Will this be sufficient? Thanks I appreciate your feedback in advance!

Hi. THis should represent no probllem whatsoever. Speak with your surgeon and coordinate with your PCP. Get your medical clearance and enjoy your ne found look. Good luck, Dr. PG

Lipoi with hypothyroidism

As long as your throid gland is functioning well on throid extract or whtevere medicine you are on you can get your surgery done.I would have your internist give you medical clearance.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

No contraindication to hypothyroidism under good medical control.

It sounds like you have a situation well in hand. As long as your thyroid levels are normal there should be no problem proceeding with liposuction.

Should be fine

As long as your levels are fine and there is no need to make any adjustments, you should be okay. That does not mean there aren't other medical issues that need to be addressed.

Why don't you tell you PCP that you are thinking about having liposuction? That way he or she will know and can get you a letter of medical clearance. It's always good to communicate and keep everyone in the loop.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Surgery with treated hypothyroidism is fine

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Your plan is excellent - there should be no problem having surgery if your thyroid levels are in the normal range.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Is there any contradiction for having hypothyroidism that will prevent from getting Liposuction & Brazilian Butt Lift? Is there

NO there should be no contra indication. But best to ask your chosen surgeon than over the internet non treating docs.. 

Is there any contradiction for having hypothyroidism that will prevent me from getting #PlasticSurgery?

Generally, this shouldn't be a contraindication to any plastic surgery assuming that your medical issues are stable and the thyroid issue is under good control with your primary doctor/endocrinologist.  It definitely is helpful to make sure you (and all patients) are in the best medical & physical shape as possible prior to proceeding with any elective surgery, especially cosmetic surgery.  Safety first! :) Please make sure you consult with board certified plastic surgeon with experience in body contouring surgery. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon