What non-surgical procedure would be best for my "turkey neck"? (photos)

I am a 63 year old male looking to tighten up my neck but I do not want surgery. Most non-surgical options that I have seen seem to be more for double chins and neck fat but my problem appears to be mostly loose skin (turkey neck). I have read that some of these procedures can make the skin look worse. I am looking for a non-surgical option that will tighten the skin, or whatever would be best based on the photos provided. Thank you for your help.

Non-surgical options to tighten the neck

There really are not many options for skin laxity in the next other than surgery. Kybella would definitely not be the right call for you. Many of my colleagues have recommended the Silhouette lift, but since I don't do this, I can't really say whether or not it would help.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Consider a Silhouette Lift

A silhouette lift is a great option for you to explore should you be considering non-surgical options to correct a “turkey neck.” A turkey neck is caused by excessive skin elasticity, and can detract from a person’s appearance by making them appear older than their actual age. With a silhouette lift, your surgeon can lift this loose, sagging skin in the least painful way through the use of a thin thread. Patients are in and out of the office within an hour, and results are effective and immediate. If this is something you are considering, it would be best for you to consult with a surgeon near you who is experienced in performing the silhouette lift. 

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette InstaLift – a treatment for loose neck skin.

Thank you for your question. You might want to consider Silhouette Instalift to lift and correct your loose neck skin. The procedure will re-contour your face for a more naturally youthful appearance. It is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed in-office in just about 30-45 minutes. We insert a small threadlike suture that we are able to position upward to help give you a more lifted and tighter appearance. The suture is made of material that is easily absorbed by the body and has been used for many years. The procedure also promotes the production of collagen to give you long lasting results. I have performed this procedure on various patients and the results have been immediate. I would suggest 3 treatments for optimal results. If you are interested please schedule a full in-person consultation with a qualified physician that has performed the Silhouette InstaLift.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella

Thank you for your question in regards to Kybella. Kybella injections physically destroys fat cells to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat beneath the chin - also known as submental fullness or "double chin." Once destroyed, those cells can no longer store or accumulate fat. Exilis is a radio frequency treatment that uses heat to help tighten the skin which may also be a good option for you. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Nonsurgical Solutions Don't Exist For This Neck

Although your question is about nonsurgical solutions to the condition of your neck, it is my duty first to be honest with patients.  You are not going to have any significant result with any of the nonsurgical solutions available. I have Ultherapy and Kybella available in my practice and I would describe you as a poor candidate for these procedures.  The only meaningful results that you will receive are with surgery.  Facts are facts.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight with Microliposuction

In your case, I think a great nonsurgical option to tighten the skin would be getting ThermiTight radiofrequency treatment. This will address the increased skin laxity in the neck and lower third of your face. Additionally, there is likely some fat in that area, so combining the ThermiTight with microliposuction with help to remove your excess fat. Combining the procedures will give you an overall improvement to your neck contour as well as remove some of the excess fat that is contributing to this appearance. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Turkey Neck and Best Treatment Combination

The best combination of treatment for your neck that is non-surgical would be Thermage to tighten the skin and Cool-mini or Kybella to reduce the fat under the chin.  An in person consultation would be the best way to determine your course of treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Ultherapy for Loose Neck Skin

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for Ultherapy. This ultrasound technology strengthens and tightens the skin from within. It's a nonsurgical procedure and requires no downtime. Watch the video attached to learn more and then seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Non-surgical neck skin tightening

Thank you for the inquiry. You can consider Ulthera. It a non-surgical approach to skin tightening where ultrasound energy is used to induce the skin to contract. Seek someone in your area for an evaluation to see if you are a candidate.