Any suggestion of what kind of brand of compression garment 2 months post Tummy tuck?

Compression garmet 2 months post tummy tuck?

I recommend you obtain the answer to your question from your surgeons office. We all have our own unique post operative regimens which work best for us and our patients. Enjoy your new tummy!

Thank you for your question. Congratulations for receiving a tummy tuck! Most patients will be placed in an #abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for #compression over the next six weeks.
#Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. It is best practice for you to use what your post-op PS recommends. Many use #Spanx or another type of girdle. I recommend speaking with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about his thoughts on this topic. Best Wishes!

Best to ask your postoperative chose surgeon this question. We do not know exactly the surgery and your own history. But I refer the spanx type girdles at this stage in healing... 

Compression post tummy

At this stage I would wear a spandex/girdle type of compression especially if you still feel swollen.There is still some residual swelling at 2 months and this will help get rid of it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

At 2 months post-op from tummy tuck, there are many types of compression garments that will work

At this point following your surgery, most of the swelling should have subsided, and the value of a compression garment is more for comfort and support.  Perhaps there is still a bit of intermittent swelling based on activity, too, and the garment has value to control this also.  Every surgeon has his or her favorite regimen for compression post-op, so I would first check with your surgeon to get his or her recommendation before investing in anything on your own.  However, in my own experience, at this stage we don't need any fancy or expensive postop garments like after lipo, and most of my patients use something they can easily buy for themselves at a department or sporting goods store.  Things like Spanx, or compression exercise shorts work very well, as do high waisted support girdles.  Again, check with your surgeon and they find something that is also comfortable and easy for you to obtain and wear.  Good luck.

Theodore T. Nyame - Compression garments.

There are a number of brands available. Your qualified plastic surgeon should be able to provide a few brands that are comfortable yet suitable. 

Best Wishes
Theodore T. Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician