Strange feeling in left breast, 18 months post. (Natrelle Silicone, Left 475cc HiPro, Right 550cc FullPro)

I emailed an appt request to my PS but won't be in town for 2 weeks to see him. Looking for some feedback since I can't even talk to the nurse until Monday. This evening when I went to reach up I felt a rolling accompanied by tingling sensation over my left breast. Standing up there's no visual abnormality but I can feel the implant through my skin with ease, before I had to bend over and apply some pressure to feel it. Could this be a sign of bottoming out? Should I watch for anything specific?

See your surgeon

Being able to feel your implant in different positions is not unusual and the tingling you talk about is typically related to nerve regeneration so probably there is nothing to be concerned about. However, you still need to be checked out in person by your surgeon once he or she is back in town. Best, Dr. Nazarian

I appreciate your question.

Without photos, it is difficult to comment.  Nerve irritation or stretch are likely the cause of tingling sensations and should resolve spontaneously.  It is not uncommon to be able to feel the implant along the lower pole of your breast as this is the area with the least coverage.  Since this is a new change for you, best to have it evaluated.  I would call your plastic surgeon's office and ask to see the covering MD while he is out of town.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Palpable implant

It is not uncommon to feel the implant in certain positions and to have different nerve sensations from time to time. The best answer is to see your plastic surgeon. While frustrating that he is away, he and his staff will be best able to evaluate you in person to make sure everything is doing fine.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Implant palpability

Usually palpability of the implant has to do with the thickness of the overlying soft tissues.  Best to review with your surgeon.

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. I suggest you to get a ragiography to discard anything wrong with your breasts, also and appt with your surgeon is crucial to determine what's happening.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Strange feeling post op

This is not unusual.Many times after surgery you will have strange sensations so be patient until you see your surgeon.No need for alarm.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain in left breast when move and reach up.

Thanks for the question.  I understand that this is now 18 months after your surgery.  Without further history, photos and an examination it would be difficult to answer properly this question sufficient to have the pain and abnormal implant contact to go way.  I believe that you have pursued this properly by contacting your Plastic Surgeon's office.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Sensations

From your description it sounds unlikely there is anything acutely concerning going on and it can certainly wait until after your surgeon is available. Without photos and really without an examination, we cannot offer much in the way of diagnosis, just reassurance.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Strange feeling in left breast

Thank you for your question.  I think you have made the right decision in reaching out to your plastic surgeon's office for an in-person examination.  Without a series of photographs, it is difficult to make any true recommendations.  Tingling sensations are usually the result of a nerve irritation or stretch and should spontaneously resolve.  It is not uncommon to be able to feel the implant along the lower border of your breast as this is the area with the least coverage, but because this is a change for you, best to have it evaluated.  

Only in person examination would allow a dx to be given. If you can not wait to see your surgeon than seek his covering PS which I am sure he has......