What size would give me lots of volume, projection and cleavage? Third time around (Photo)

Still sad after 3.5 mos -2nd BA 500cc mod+ sil under mus with another mini lift. Breasts 2 small, wide and flat. I wished I had gone to the last size in hp sil implants as my ps said I could go as big as I want and he'd give me that this past time, but I tegret size. He said to wait a year, but said Id need a full lift if go lgr. What 2 give me lg diff to be big in all clothes and huge naked with lots of proj, vol., cleav. I love the cleav with my 500cc mod+ now. 800cc hp to not regret?

Size Prediction for Third Breast Revision

As far as sizing, there are no promise or guarantee of the specific cup/bra #size and shape you will be after your surgery.  Implants which are under the muscle or are placed in a new position under the muscle may change with shape on muscle contracture and may have “#banding” and motion of the implants with muscle contracture. If this is unsatisfactory, it may require additional surgery which will also require additional surgeon’s fees, operating room and anesthetic fees. It may be best to consider the type or shape of an implant, including the profile.

Implant exchange after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, as a rule of thumb you will not be able to see a difference in breast implant appearance unless you go up or down at least 75-150 cc. The height, weight, frame and current implants and desires are what really pushes the meter.

So a small framed women with 300cc ranged devices should be able to see a change with 75 cc. This would be the case if she wanted to fill out the bras better and not necessarily go to the next bra size. If she wanted to go up a size and fill it out, it may be 150+ cc to achieve that.

A larger women with the same sized implants would probably not even notice the 75 cc bump. So their scale would shift and she may need 125 cc to notice some difference and even more to go up and fill the next bra size.

So it is not a cut and dry situation. You would be best served going to see a plastic surgeon personally to get the best advice after examination and discussions about what your goals are.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Michael J. Brown, MD
Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

From your photos it appears that you have a lot of upper pole fullness already. Going to 800 will make this worse. Breast implants sizes are best determined first by the amount of room in the width direction. From there, decisions about profiles, shaped and round can be determined. I would think you need more projection under the nipple and less up top. You might consider a MF shaped Allergan with slightly more volume than you now have. Need measurements to make sure that would fit. Recommend seeing  your PS and discussing what your priorities are. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

What size would give me lots of volume, projection and cleavage? Third time around

Your story very hard to follow! Best to seek in person second opinions wit a clear story at the visit........

Implant size

Your breasts look good except for excess upper pole fullness compared to the lower pole resulting in a slight "Snoopy" deformity.  This may improve with massage to stretch the lower pole, although it has been 3.5 months already and this may not improve.  Options include a shaped implant with more lower pole projection or a slightly smaller round implant.  This will give you a more "perky" look that may be more pleasing for you.  Going significantly larger would only exacerbate an upper pole excess. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection.  

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "huge" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns.  Best wishes.