Is Sientra back in US after 2015 scare?

What is your opinion about the halting of production in 2015 for contamination concerns? Is everything back to normal now and safe? I want form-stable (ultra highly cohesive) implants. Do you agree Sientra is the best brand for this & why/ why not?

Sientra

Even though the issues were with the Silimed factory, the Sientra people were very cautious.  They voluntarily halted sales in the US, then had an independent inspector come in to verify things, and worked with the FDA throughout the process.  Everything was found to be normal.  I use them regularly, and they work very well.

Sientra all the way

Sientra is the best breast implant on the market, IMHO and has the most cohesive silicone, the best surface texturing, the lowest rupture rates, the best warranty. They're back and there was only hype not a scare. Lots of conspiracy theories about their problems in 2015 but they're back and they're all i use.

Sientra implant "scare"

Sientra continues to show themselves to be a conscientious company- they voluntarily suspended their implants from the market while a thorough investigation was conducted. Their products were cleared of any concerns. They make the best form stable implant on the market. If you're looking for form stable their product is clearly a cut above the rest. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Sientra implants

Yes, the Sientra implants are once again available, after the company voluntarily halted sales until any potential safety issues were resolved.  There were actually no real issues identified with their implants, but now we know, without a doubt, that their implants are completely as safe as any other breast implant manufacturer's.

In my practice, Sientra implants are a very god option for many patients and are the best option for a textured surface implant, as they appear to have the least likelihood of a capsular contracture.

All available breast implants can provide for excellent results, so all patients can feel comfortable with the brand of implants used by their doctor for their augmentation.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Breast Implants

Sientra has been fully cleared to resume selling breast implants in the U.S. without restrictions. I continue to find them to be the best breast implants made.

Is Sientra back in US after 2015 scare

They are back and no negative outcomes were ever reported. I think it is the best feeling cohesive implant on the market at this time. I use them for all of my silicone breast augmentations and I am very pleased as well as the patients being pleasd with their feel and size selection

Julio Garcia, MD