Scar tissue: 2 lipos, can I do a third?
Doctor Answers 4
Liposuction re-do -- can it be done?
- Since you had liposuction on two different areas, it is reasonable to have a third.
- However - if the goal is to harvest fat for a BBL, be sure you have enough fat.
- Doing aggressive fat-harvesting liposuction in areas of reduced fat can give you a poor liposuction result.
- See your plastic surgeon to see if enough fat is likely to be harvested -
- At a minimum you need a liter of liposuction and ideally, two liters.
BBL post Lipo
Requires a physical exam to determine your candidacy for another liposuction procedure
It depends on the severity of your scarring from prior procedures and how much excess fat you currently have that can be effectively treated with liposuction. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in performing liposuction and BBL procedures. At the time of your consultation, your surgeon will perform a physical exam which should allow him/her to determine whether you are a good candidate for the proposed procedure. Best of luck!
You might also like...
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.