Scar tissue: 2 lipos, can I do a third?

I had a lipo on my flanks and a second one on my upper back. Can I have a third one done on all the same areas including my front belly, to have BBL? Will I have to much scar tissue from the past surgeries?

Liposuction re-do -- can it be done?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Since you had liposuction on two different areas, it is reasonable to have a third.
  • However - if the goal is to harvest fat for a BBL, be sure you have enough fat.
  • Doing aggressive fat-harvesting liposuction in areas of reduced fat can give you a poor liposuction result.
  • See your plastic surgeon to see if enough fat is likely to be harvested - 
  • At a minimum you need a liter of liposuction and ideally, two liters.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

BBL post Lipo

That depends on how much fat is left and how much fat you need transferred. In my experience, most commonly that answer is "No" as typically the amount of fat is inadequate. Nonetheless, you would need an in-person exam to have a better opinion in your case.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Requires a physical exam to determine your candidacy for another liposuction procedure

It depends on the severity of your scarring from prior procedures and how much excess fat you currently have that can be effectively treated with liposuction.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in performing liposuction and BBL procedures.  At the time of your consultation, your surgeon will perform a physical exam which should allow him/her to determine whether you are a good candidate for the proposed procedure.  Best of luck!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

I suggest seeing a VASER 4D contouring expert, you can have multiple procedures but need an expert to ensure optimal outcomes. Best, Dr. Emer.