Is it safe to have tummy tuck after laser liposuction to abdomen?

I had an aggressive liposuction had done in 2013 to my abdomen which within 2 years since that had made my skin look lumpy and uneven . I am considering a tummy tuck. My question is: if it safe to have tummy tuck procedure done after laser liposuction?

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, if you have loos skin- then you might benefit from abdominopalsty. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS with extensive experience in revision surgery. Here's a link to a video of a similar case to yours:

Tummy tuck after laser lipo

It is practically safe, but I recommend you to get a physical exam to check your scar and tissue after the laser lipo, it is better to discard anything..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck after liposuction

It is generally safe but you need to have a physical exam to see what the extent of scarring is from the prior laser liposuction.  Extensive scarring that results in a very small amount of adipose tissue under the skin may preclude the option of a tummy tuck.  

Tummy post lipo

This should be ok.I am sure there will be some scar tissue left from your lipo.It would be most important NOT to smoke.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain about the safety of the procedure in your case  but in most cases it wouldn't be an issue to have a TT 2 years after such a procedure. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Tummy tuck after liposuction

One of the limitations of all liposuction including laser lipo is that is does not really do much for the skin. Once the fat is out the skin may be loose and irregular, a tummy tuck with tighten and adjust the excess skin. Make sure to see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

It all depends on your skin condition. Aggressive Lipo usually leaves a very fragile abdominal  skin that might be easily broken when trying to manipulate it. And most of the time the lumpy and uneven skin is scar fibrous tissue under the skin.

Without photo is very difficult to determine if your condition can be corrected or worsen by a new procedure.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Is it ok to have a #tummytuck #plasticsurgery after #smartlipo ?

Hi Newimprovedme, Thank you for sharing your question about safety in having a tummy tuck after laser liposuction. Every case is unique and that you are currently looking lump and uneven may present more challenges for your operative surgeon.  Best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in performing the tummy tuck in a patients who have previously had laser liposuction.  Also look for a surgeon who is a member of at least one of these organizations:
*Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) -- the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle
Very best to you.  -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

TT after liposuction

Sure it is. I often advise my patients to have a liposuction prior to a tummy tuck. If you have a large amount of abdominal fat it would have been safer to remove it with suction first and then have the TT later

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Liposuction with Problems

Yes, abdominoplasty is usually safe after aggressive liposuction. In fact, a tummy tuck is frequently indicated to correct problems from liposuction. A standard liposuction will usually not solve all the problems, however. Liposuction, release of fascial bands and/or fat grafting are also frequently needed. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in abdominoplasty, liposuction and revision of both.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon