Are there any risks in breast implants?

I am kinda of flat chested and with living in a warm climate, think I would feel better about myself if I was a 34C? What are the risks? What type? Do they last a lifetime? I am still consider young. Do I have to change them? Does it hurt after? Will I lose sensation? Do men really care if I am flat chest or a 34C? Will I feel more loved?

Schedule a breast augmentation consultation to discuss your questions.

You have a great start on a list of questions to ask a board-certified plastic surgeon during a breast augmentation consultation. I recommend a consultation because many of the answers to your questions depend on your goals, health and preferences. Only you know if breast implants will boost your self-esteem and, with guidance from your plastic surgeon, which implant material and type is right for you. Breast implants aren’t lifetime devices, however many plastic surgeons only replace implants if they fail, which is rare. Once you heal from the surgery, there shouldn’t be any pain.

Breast implants

you are the only one who can answer if you will feel better with implants or not, this is a personal opinion and your opinion is the only one that matters.
What are the risks? as every surgery, bleeding, infections, capsular contraction, etc.
What type? that will deppend on what you want to achieve, you need a onsultation and send us some pictures at least to decide that.
Do they last a lifetime? Nowadays silicone implants should last forever, and you dont need to change them unless you have a complication or want another breast surgery in the future.
Does it hurt after? if you follow the surgeons instruction NO.
Will I lose sensation? NO
Do men really care if I am flat chest or a 34C? deppends on the men.
Will I feel more loved? loved? no;  more attractive? Yes. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Risks in Breast Implants

Thank you for your question.  Breast implants are very safe today.  The implants are FDA cleared for breast augmentation.  However, as anything in life has risks, surgery has its own risks.  The risks are very minimal, but real.  The main risks are bleeding, infection, pain and capsular contracture.  No implant is considered a lifetime implant.  I always tell patients that they will need at least one more surgery in their life in most cases.  The shell of the implant will not last forever, so at some point it will break.  As for loss of sensation, there was a recent study that showed it to be very low in most cases (around 1-2%). The pain of the surgery usually subsides within a week and most people are back to working out at 3 weeks.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Lots of questions!

Wow! to answer all these question at once with my typing skills would take a all day. These are all very good questions. I suggest you visit a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in your area who has a vast experience in breast augmentation. All of these questions would be answered during the consultation, except possibly the last two. I suspect only you can answer the last two. Best of luck!

Are there any risks in breast implants?

With some many questions BEST t see a few in person consolations with only boarded PSs to answer each and every one of your concerns!