Is a revision surgery needed? Post op expressed my dissatisfaction I was told that I was overweight and had visceral fat (Photos

On my surgery day i was 5'1 180 lbs... The doctor nevwr told me i was overweight or that my bmi was too high... I actually asked if i should loose weight to get a flat result... The doctor told me i was fine and weightloss was not needed and i would still get a flat result... After sugery and the swelling went down i was 178... Abdomen still quite distended... Currently i am 154 lbs and my belly has yet to go down!

Abdominal fullness after TT

Based on your photos it appears that several components are responsible for your current result; intra-abdominal fat deposits, possible muscle laxity,  thick anterior abdominal fat and skin redundancy in lower abdomen. Without in person evaluation it is impossible to give you good advice about further surgeries. However, aggressive liposuction of abdominal wall (which can be done safely now when there is no danger to compromise skin survival like with your initial abdominoplasty) and partial resection of lower abdominal skin should be procedures to discuss with your surgeon. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Is a revision surgery needed? Post op expressed my dissatisfaction I was told that I was overweight and had visceral fat

You are like many whom fall to the sales pressure of these clinics in South Fl. The surgeon is an independent contractor of these business model clinics and makes a very small percentage of the lower fee paid! So as they say, "You get what you paid for". Always best to see a private practice boarded PS to establish a doctor-patient relationship and hear the ethical options. In my over the internet opinion, you were NEVER a good candidate for TT as based upon your high BMI and weight to height ratios. Now best to try aggressive weight loss of 40 pounds to see if the 'visceral' component of your fat abdomen will slim. Also you can seek in person paid second opinions from private practice boarded PSs in South FL... 

Without a full set of photos and a more detailed pre-op physical exam- it's difficult to give the best answer. Pre-op convexity of the abdomen is impossible to correct completely with an Abdominoplasty. Th benefit of the tummy tuck is to remove excess skin and fat primarily of the lower abdominal wall. This appears to have been done.

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which can spontaneously resolve, but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue. Hope this helps.

Abdomen still distended after tummy tuck surgery…

Good job with your postoperative weight loss!  Although I understand your desire to receive online advice, it is very difficult to tell whether your abdominal wall "distension" is related to visceral fat, muscle laxity, or residual  adipose tissue. Obviously, physical examination would be very helpful in differentiating these factors and determining whether additional surgery would be helpful in achieving an outcome that you will be pleased with.  I would suggest that you follow with your plastic surgeon and/or seek second opinion consultations with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.   Best wishes.