Revision - how long should I wait before having this corrected? (Photo)

Hi There, I recently 14/June/16 had a revision after my left breast was leaking but these are the results I've been left with one bigger than the other.What would be need to have this corrected.How long should I wait before having this corrected again.

At least 3 months

mPlease seek revision specialist in your area. This is a very severe double bubble and contracture. Multiple steps must be performed to correct 

Revision - how long should I wait before having this corrected?

Thank you for your question.  Generally, wait at least 3 months before considering breast revision surgery.  In this case, a breast lift with a pocket revision may be necessary.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Asymmetric Breasts

Hello,Unfortunately, you can't pick and choose what you like or don't like, but complain of asymmetric size. Your breasts are asymmetric in shape and size.  No ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon who specializes in revision breast surgery would try to give you what you want (another surgery without a breast lift/reduction); it would be a loosing proposition, as you would never be symmetric by only adjusting implant volume/position. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Potential for Another Revision

Hello and thank you for your question. There may be a little more time to allow for complete healing and the final shape and size of your augmentation before worrying about another revision. There is always the recommendation to wait a good three months before having a revision to make sure that all swelling goes down.The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Under the circumstances- this is an issue best taken up with your Surgeon. I am not clear what your goals are. If your goal is large sagging breasts- then you have achieved that result. If your goal-is perkier breasts- with nipples that are more aesthetically placed then you will need a breast lift of the anchor type. During that any asymmetries can be addressed. So, without the benefit of physical exam- it is a challenge to address the asymmetry exclusively.

With the listed info and few posed photo, especially no original before, I think your result is very acceptable. Yes there is a slight difference in volume. If you wanted a small lipo with fat grafting to the smaller side could alleviate this issue. But without original befores I feel you are not being absolutely fair to your PS!

Breast Revision Question

Thanks for your question regarding breast revision surgery.  As your surgeon wasn't all that long ago I would urge you to wait at least 6 months to a year before undergoing another revision surgery.  However, as you have concerns you should make an appointment with your surgeon to begin the dialogue.  This way, they can track you over the coming months to see how your implants are settling into place. Wishing you all the best,Steven Camp MD#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Re-revision of breast implant surgery?

At six weeks there is possibly still noticeable swelling that you need to allow to resolve.  The minimum waiting time should be 3-4 months (preferably 6 months).  I personally do not see any sign of a double bubble deformity but agree that if things do not change you may need to have the larger side changed for a smaller implant.  Be patient but stay in touch with your surgeon during your routine follow up visits.Jon A. Perlman, M.D. FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Beverly Hils, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Swelling?

There are a lot of details missing.  What size implant did he place?  Was it the same size as before?  Did they  match before this surgery?  If everything is the same, then it may just be due to swelling, and you should give it several  months.

Further implant issues or needing a breast lift

I can't tell from the photos what the status of the implants is but the photo shows the need for a full breast lift to move the nipples higher and tighten up the loose lower pole skin. Please consider discussing this with your doctor.