Do I qualify for hairline lowering? (photos)

I have always been self conscious of how large my forehead is and would like to know what method would work best for me.

If you are not happy with your forehead and would like cosmetic surgery options it is best to see a doctor in person. You may (

If you are not happy with your forehead and would like cosmetic surgery options it is best to see a doctor in person.  You may (or may not) be a candidate for forehead reduction or hair transplant surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline Lowering

I'm not sure I understand Dr. Rassman's answer below so I will try to help.  There are several items that we look at when determining if a patient is a candidate for hairline lowering.  One of these would be measurements of your facial thirds which is difficult to do from a photo, but impossible if the lower 2 thirds of your face are covered in the photo.  Other items are forehead size, curvature, etc...   You are likely a candidate to lower your hairline via a hairline lowering procedure.  You should seek an in person consultation to pursue this further.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Probably a good candidate

It is tough to give a firm answer based on a couple hand-over-face pictures.  There are a few more details that your surgeon will want to ask you before any decisions can be made.  Most importantly, how will your hairline change over time?  Hairline lowering will leave a small scar that will be hidden just behind the first few hairs.  If there is a history of female hair loss in your family this may expose the scar.  If not, hairline lowering is likely the best and fastest way to achieve a natural appearing lower hairline.  You could also have a brow lift performed at the same time.  Hair grafts would be an option if you have a family history of hair loss, though it will not be as natural a hairline and you won't be able to have a brow lift.  See a surgeon who performs both procedures and they help you choose. 

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Hairline lowering

This question should be asked by an expert in this field and then you will get an opinion from an examination rather than from someone online.  See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon