Is picosure a q-switched laser?

I hope this isn't confusing but at my consultation this week I was telling my Dr I want to go with picosure and not a q switched laser (I have a bright green tattoo) after seeing all the reviews on here. She told me picosure IS a qswitched laser. She would use the 755 wavelength. Is that right? I want to make sure I'm paying for the right laser. I saw the machine and it says picosure but I was under the impression pico was NOT a q switched laser.

PicoSure Is Not a Q-Switch Laser

I think you misunderstood your doctor.  PicoSure is a pico-second (trilionth) laser that can fire at 755, 532 and now 1064 nm.  All Q-Switch lasers pulses are measured in nano-seconds (billionth).

Fort Worth Physician

Picosure is not a Q switch laser

Picosure is not a Q switch laser, but It does switching just like the Q switch. The difference is that Picosure switches in pico-seconds and has 755, 532, and 1064 nm wavelength. On the other hand, Q switch switches in nano-seconds. So, Picosure will get your tattoo removed fasted with fewer number of treatments. If it says Picosure on the laser, then you should be safe. Picosure with 755 wavelengths is the bext option for green ink tattoos. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Picosure and lasers

Yes, it is a form of QUALITY switching or Q switching, however the pulse width is a trillionth of a second. You are in good hands as the 755 is ideal for green tattoos. Dr Davin S. Lim

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist