Should I still need pain medication? Day 5 of belt lipectomy, arm lift with lipo and fat transfer (Photo)

I hurt. I had 24 perecet and now I have 2 1/2left. I DO take It less with more time in between. I took it every 4 hours at first, now 8-10hrs Is that a normal amount of medicine to prescribe, is it ok to ask for more to take a night? Do most ppl only take that little amount? Do I look like a I am healing correctly? I have 4 drains. I don't go back For 9 more days Would going to my family doctor or urgent care be feasible to get more medicine until I go back? I am miserable.

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Body lift - in pain day 5

Thank you for asking about your body lift.

• Please contact your plastic surgeon and discuss the problem. 
  • Body lifts can have a hard recovery -
  • Your surgeon knows your health, your healing and you - please be guided by her/him as to what to do.
  • It is best to have one person in charge of your care - your surgeon. 
  • Be sure to be assisting your pain prescription with Tylenol and Advil as allowed - studies show they are as effective as narcotics - although not all patients agree!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS