Should I still need pain medication? Day 5 of belt lipectomy, arm lift with lipo and fat transfer (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Body Lift/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients. Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Body lift - in pain day 5
Thank you for asking about your body lift.
- Please contact your plastic surgeon and discuss the problem.
- Body lifts can have a hard recovery -
- Your surgeon knows your health, your healing and you - please be guided by her/him as to what to do.
- It is best to have one person in charge of your care - your surgeon.
- Be sure to be assisting your pain prescription with Tylenol and Advil as allowed - studies show they are as effective as narcotics - although not all patients agree!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.