Is any of this normal ? (photos)

im 2 month post op. I think the skin has lifted between my breast. I also have a double double breast thing going on. It looks like I have a breast on top of a breast. My Dr put me on 2000mg of vitamin E a day and said HOPEFULLY it would get better. When my muscle on my right breast moves the implant is pushed in making my top breast and breast tissue become more pronounced. My implants are 750cc smooth round high profile gel. What do you think will any of this get better on its own?

Double bubble after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, your pictures do demonstrated that you have had your breast implant settle below the breast fold. So what you are seeing is the new lower breast fold is where the breast implant has settled to and the crease on the breast is actually the old fold or old crease of the breast. This occurs because of a few different factors and in any situation, not every person who gets a double bubble is getting because of the same reasons.

So here goes the most common causes, and remember your double may be because of only one of these or some combination a few of them. Each and every case is different. The repair is possible regardless of the cause(s). The type of repair will be different based upon what or how the double bubble occurred.
  • sharp, well developed tight fold (IMF = inframammary fold)
  • short distance from 6 o'clock position of areola and presurgical IMF
  • tight strong tissues of the IMF inadequately released at surgery
  • too large of a breast implant for the dimensions of the chest and breast
  • too heavy of a breast implant for the tissues of the breast to support
  • lower pole fallout

So the repair of the double bubble consists of rebuilding the fold, it is called IMF reconstruction and there are many methods to do this. It is best to see a plastic surgeon with experience IMF recons to assist you with this. It will require surgery. In the meantime, wear support.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Is any of this normal ? (photos)

Unfortunately, the answer is no, it is not normal. You have a double bubble deformity, and possibly synmastia or connection of the space in the middle, but that is hard to tell from the photos. The implants are too large and the pockets too low. At minimum, you need significantly smaller implants and repair of the double bubble problem by capsule repair and possibly an acellular dermal matrix like Strattice. Revision mastopexy may also be discussed. You need to decide whether to discuss this with your current surgeon or have another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Evaluation. Best wishes for a satisfactory outcome. Dr Sam Gershenbaum

Sam Gershenbaum, DO
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

No, what you are experiencing is not normal. You need to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss revision options. I would hazard a guess that your implants are too large for your anatomy. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Revisionary Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.  I can see your concerns.  It might be in your best interest to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  He or she may tell you to wait a duration of 6 months before considering revision surgery.  At this time, you may consider removing the existing implants and have a full breast lift surgery.  After you are healed from that surgery, you may want to consider smaller implants at that time.  Hope this information has helped you.  

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Is This Normal?

Thank you for your question, and providing the pictures.

I can see why you are distressed by your surgical result.  I don't think that vitamin E and "hope" will improve the situation.  I would talk with your doctor about the possibility of revision surgery at the appropriate time.  The surgery isn't usually straightforward, and may involving downsizing the implant, creating new pockets for the implant, and reinforcement with other materials to provide extra support.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Is any of this normal ?

Thank you for your question and photographs and I can see your area of concern.  I feel that your results are unlikely to change given any further amount of time and revision surgery is likely in your best interest.  None of us are privy to the preoperative planning and discussion of your goal outcome, but I would recommend downsizing your implants and having a more powerful lift performed.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation

Thank you for the question and photos and clearly what you are seeing is not normal and would benfit from a revision.  So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Is any of this normal ?

Sorry be revision after 6 months healing would be indicated>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Surgical revision will be required.

I'm not really certain of the specifics of your operation but it's highly likely your breasts are going to look much different going forward. Vitamin E has no effect on where the other. Discuss a revision with your surgeon.

Double bubble

Since you are 2 months out I doubt if this will self correct and I'm not sure how vitamin E will help but you can wait but I would go back to your surgeon and discuss this with him.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon